Bir is a village in the Joginder Nagar Valley (Baijnath Tehsil) of Kangra district in the state of Himachal Pradesh. Bir Billing is rightly the paragliding capital of India. While Billing (2400 m) is the take-off site for paragliding and Bir is the landing site and they both are collectively known as ‘Bir-Billing’. Paragliding World Cup 2015, a cross-country flying competition for paraglider pilots was organized by the PWCA (France) in Bir Billing. Billing is located 15 km north of Bir village. The landing site is on the southern edge of Bir village. Here comes the paragliding season in Bir-Billing as October- November is the best season for paragliding. It is a must do adventure in your life. Enjoy the extreme joy ride of 30 minutes in the sky. During the fly time remember to wear a jacket, even if it is a warm day as it always cold up in the air.
Bir is also famous for monasteries set amidst the Dhauladhar range of the Indian Himalayas. Relax and rejuvenate yourself in this nature blessed village of Bir. Bir Tibetan colony was established in the early 1960’s on the southwestern edge of the village. There are two monasteries which are very peaceful and welcoming. The Palpung Sherabling Monastery, also known as Bhattu Monastery is 6 km away from the landing site. On the way drive/walk through the beautiful lush green farms and interact with the locals. Dzongsar Shedra Monastery is located in Chauntra, 4 km away from Bir. This monastery cum monastic college is set amidst the most beautiful view. Another attraction is Deer Park Institute.
Day 1 (5 Oct/ 12 Oct)- Arrive Chandigarh in the morning, upon arrival you will meet our team and car. After settling down we will continue our journey towards Bir, Kangra (8 hours). Relax and rejuvenate yourself in this nature blessed village of Bir. Dinner and night stay in a guest house with a wonderful view of the Dhauladhar Ranges.
Day 2 (6 Oct / 13 Oct)- Today after morning breakfast we will drive towards Billing (the take-off site) for paragliding. Enjoy the adventurous ride of 30 minutes in the sky with a breathtaking view. Land in the southern part of Bir village and continue a 6 km drive to visit Palpung Sherabling monastery. Also, visit Dzongsar Shedra Monastery and Deer Park Institute. After Bir sightseeing return back to the guest house for dinner and night stay.
Day 3 (7 Oct / 14 Oct)- Rise up to the sound of silence and connect with yourself. After breakfast, final departure from Bir to Chandigarh. At Chandigarh, we part ways to meet soon for another adventure.
Stay – Guest House (sharing basis); Sleeping bags/Blankets.
Meals- Vegetarian Nutritious and Tasty Meals during the Tour with Evening Tea.
- Breakfast on Day 2 and 3
- Dinner on Day 1 and 2
Experienced travel leader and adventure guide.
Transport from Chandigarh to Bir-Billing and back.
Paragliding Charges & GST included.
- Cameras, whether video or film, needed to be protected against the severe cold either in a warm pouch or the interior pockets of your clothing. Do not keep your camera in your backpack at higher elevations.
- We do not provide donkeys or porters to carry luggage.
- No insurance is provided during the travel journey.
- Do not Litter.
- Remember – “Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints”. So, keep the mountains clean and green.
- Aspirins and Paracetamols are highly recommended for headaches and because they also thin the blood that will help improving circulation & oxygen delivery to the body. Strong painkillers are not recommended as they can suppress respiration.
- Personal expense of any kind will not be entertained.
Personal Equipment Required:
- A good sturdy pair of shoes and a backpack with plastic or water-proof lining.
- Comfortable, lightweight clothing.
- Sunglasses or goggles.
- Woollen hat for warmth.
- Pocket knife.
- Scarf or bandana.
- Lip balm.
- Ear plugs. (Optional)
- Spare contact lenses or glasses.
- Thermal innerwear.
- Extra polythene bags.
- A whistle.
- Reading materials, Games, Cards. (Optional)
- Towel especially lightweight quick-dry type.
- Track pants with more pockets. Carry around 2 pants. Avoid jeans.
- Waterproof jackets and gloves.
- A raincoat since the weather can be unpredictable sometimes. (Optional)
- Identification proof like Passport, Driving license, Aadhar card etc.
- 1 Passport size photograph.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancellation of booking of tour 31 days or more before the date of Departure will result in 20% deduction in the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 21-30 days before the date of Departure will result in 40% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 11-20 days before the date of Departure will result in 60% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 6-10 days before the date of Departure will result in 80% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 1-5 days before the date of Departure will result in 100% deduction of the cost of the tour.