Churdhar Trek– Churdhar Trek (3,647 m) is a spiritual trek & perfect weekend getaways near Shimla. Trekatribe offers trekking to this heavenly trek near Shimla in the month of April-Nov. Churdhar, located at 3,647m (11,965ft) is an awesome destination in Sirmaur district of the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. It’s the highest peak in Sirmaur district and is also the highest peak located in the outer Himalayas. Below the summit is a deodar-roof temple of Lord Shirgul Devta housing a lingam dedicated to Lord Shiva (Chudeshwar Mahadev), which has deep significance to the local people of Sirmaur, Chaupal and Solan area.
Churdhar is also known as ‘Chur Chandani’ meaning mountain dressed in the moonlight. The approach to the summit can be done from three sides namely; via Nauradhar: 16 km (Sirmaur), Sarain: 8 km (Chaupal, Shimla)and Pulhwal: 8 km (Chaupal, Shimla).The most popular one is from Sarain in Shimla district with beautiful halting points in between and with a spectacular view all around. Located in the Sirmaur district of the state, its a place of great religious importance. At the top of the Churdhar peak, a giant statue of Lord Shiva looks mesmerizing as well as takes you back to the tales of the great Indian epics like Mahabharata and Ramayana. It is one of the most fascinating treks near Shimla and a perfect weekend getaways . One can witness beautiful peaks of the Dhauladhar, the Greater Himalayas and some giant peaks of Uttarakhand like Swargarohini (6,252m), Bandarpoonch (6,316m), Kedarnath (6,940m) and Badrinath (7,138m) from here on a bright sunny day.
Churdhar Trek Map
Day 1 (22 September)- Early morning drive (125 km) from Shimla towards Sarain. Trek to Churdhar (8 km, 4-5 hours). After reaching Churdhar, evening tea, briefing about the place and about the ranges visible from there and then Bonfire and Night stay in the meadows.
Shimla: Shimla, Once the summer capital of British India is now the capital of Himachal Pradesh located in the Himalayan foothills. It’s known for the handicraft shops that line The Mall, a pedestrian avenue, as well as the Lakkar Bazaar, a market specializing in wooden toys and crafts.
Churdhar: The peak is highest in Sirmaur and outer layers of Himalaya. At the top of the Churdhar peak, a giant statue of Lord Shiva will amaze you as well as take you back to the tales of the great Indian epics like Mahabharata and Ramayana. Below the summit, there’s a temple of Lord Shirgul Maharaj housing a lingam dedicated to Lord Shiva (Chudeshwar Mahadev).
Day 2 (23 September)- After breakfast, an early morning visit to the Shirgul Maharaj Temple and after that, a small hike towards the top. Briefing about the peaks and ranges visible from the top, then descend back to Sarain with halts and refreshments in between. Departure from Sarain back to Shimla. At Shimla, we part ways to meet soon for another trekking adventure. (Night stay in Shimla would be arranged if required by you)
Stay – Tents (sharing basis); Sleeping bags and carry mats.
Meals- Vegetarian Nutritious and Tasty Meals during the Trek with Evening Tea.
- Heavy Breakfast on Day 2
- Dinner on Day 1
Experienced trek leaders and cook.
Transport from Shimla and back to Shimla.
- Climbers are reminded that there is a 15kg limit on personal luggage for all climbs.
- Cameras, whether video or film, needed to be protected against the severe cold either in a warm pouch or the interior pockets of your clothing. Do not keep your camera in your backpack at higher elevations.
- We do not provide donkeys or porters to carry luggage.
- No insurance is provided during the trek.
- When between camps, please carry your daily personal rubbish to the next camp.
- Remember – “Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints”. So, keep the mountains clean and green.
- Aspirins and Paracetamols are highly recommended for headaches and because they also thin the blood that will help improving circulation & oxygen delivery to the body. Strong painkillers are not recommended as they can suppress respiration.
- Personal expense of any kind will not be entertained.
Personal Equipment Required:
- A good sturdy pair of shoes and a backpack with plastic or water-proof lining.
- Comfortable, lightweight clothing.
- Sunglasses or goggles.
- Woollen hat for warmth.
- Pocket knife.
- Scarf or bandana.
- Lip balm.
- Ear plugs. (Optional)
- Spare contact lenses or glasses.
- Thermal innerwear.
- Extra polythene bags.
- A whistle.
- Reading materials, Games, Cards. (Optional)
- Towel especially lightweight quick-dry type.
- Track pants with more pockets. Carry around 2 pants. Avoid jeans.
- Waterproof jackets and gloves.
- A raincoat since the weather can be unpredictable sometimes. (Optional)
- Identification proof like Passport, Driving license, Aadhar card etc.
- 1 Passport size photograph.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancellation of booking of tour 31 days or more before the date of Departure will result in 20% deduction in the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 21-30 days before the date of Departure will result in 40% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 11-20 days before the date of Departure will result in 60% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 6-10 days before the date of Departure will result in 80% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 1-5 days before the date of Departure will result in 100% deduction of the cost of the tour.