Dehnasar Lake Trek – Dehnasar Lake Trek (4,280 m) is a special trek in the Dhauladhar Range of Kangra district. Trekatribe offers trekking to this unexplored lake trek in the month of Mid- July to Mid-August. It is one of the best treks near Barot. According to the Mythology, Dehnasar lake is the abode to Goddess Parvati who is said to visit the lake in Bhadrapada month of Hindu calendar which generally falls in August or September. It is also believed that whosoever preaches Sun God while standing in water get their wishes fulfilled.There are two alternate routes towards the lake from Barot Valley in Mandi District.
- Jogindernagar -Barot-Lohardi-Polling-Dehnasar Lake.
- Jogindernagar -Thaltukhod-Dehnasor Lake.
Trek via Lohardi is the most commonly used and shortest due to steep gradient. Thaltukhod trek is more lengthy and time-consuming due to gentle slopes upwards. On the other hand, the lake is also approachable through another trek that starts from the opposite side of Kullu Valley. It can take more than 6 days to complete journey using this route. Dehnasar Lake is situated beside rocky cliffs of the top of the mountain and derives its water from the snow. It remains frozen under a thick coat of snow during winters. Blizzards and hailstorms are common due to high altitude and therefore trekkers and pilgrims are advised to take precautions (rain & wind sheeter) with them before leaving for the journey. Shepherds are commonly sighted along the trek during the pilgrimage and you will witness rare varieties of herbs and flowers here. The trail is spectacular and peaceful with breath-taking beauty all around. This lake has a circumference of about 800 meters. It is visited by devotees of Lord Shiva in the month of August-September and they take a holy dip in the pure lake, which is said to have healing properties.This lake is situated on the foothill of Ghora Lotnu Peak. This lake is surely going to surprise you with its beauty.
Dehnasar Lake Trek Map
Day 1 (3 August) – Drive from Mandi to Barot. Arrival in Barot, evening tea and briefing of the trek. Dinner and stay at a Guest House in Barot.
BAROT – Barot a village, originally developed in the 1920s for Shanan Hydel Project is now a tourist place in Mandi district in the state of Himachal Pradesh. Barot is a small, beautiful and lesser-known Hill Station with fascinating views.
Day 2 (4 August) – Breakfast in Barot. Then drive towards Lohardi, starting point of the trek. Then lunch at bridge point. Stay and dinner at camp Jungle 1.
Day 3 (5 August) – Breakfast at camp Jungle 1. Starting towards Dera. Lunch near Phul Ghati, dinner, bonfire and stay at Dera.
Day 4 (6 August) – After breakfast small hike to the lake. Explore the lake and then back to Dera for lunch. After lunch descend towards camp Jungle 1 or Lohardi (According to weather). Dinner and night stay at camp jungle 1 or Rest house Barot.
Day 5 (7 August) – Breakfast in Barot guest house. Drive back to Mandi and departure from Mandi. At Mandi, we part ways to meet soon for another trekking adventure. (Night stay in Mandi would be arranged if required by you)
Stay – Tents/Guest House (sharing basis); Sleeping bags and carry mats.
Meals – Vegetarian Nutritious and Tasty Meals during the Trek and Evening Tea.
- Breakfast on Day 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Lunch on Day 2,3 and 4
- Dinner on Day 1, 2, 3 and 4
Experienced trek leaders and cook.
Transport from Mandi and back to Mandi.
- Climbers are reminded that there is a 15kg limit on personal luggage for all climbs.
- We provide 5% off for army and other defense personnel all around the world.
- We provide trekking leaders and guides (male as well as female) who speak fluent English and Hindi both.
- All communal equipment such as tents, medicine kit etc. will be provided by the climb teams.
- Cameras, whether video or film, needed to be protected against the severe cold either in a warm pouch or the interior pockets of your clothing. Do not keep your camera in your backpack at higher elevations.
- We do not provide donkeys or porters to carry luggage.
- No insurance is provided during the trek.
- Please use toilets wherever possible to avoid spoiling the campsites.
- When between camps, please carry your daily personal rubbish to the next camp.
- Avoid polluting streams at camps, especially with toilet waste and washing water.
- Remember – “Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints”. So keep the mountains clean and green.
- We provide Chlorine tablets. Though Himalayan Stream Water is safe to drink.
- Aspirins and Paracetamols are highly recommended for headaches and because they also thin the blood that will help improving circulation & oxygen delivery to the body. Strong painkillers are not recommended as they can suppress respiration.
- Personal expense of any kind will not be entertained.
- Please do not carry junk food with you.
- No Drugs Allowed.
Personal Equipment Required
- A good sturdy pair of shoes and a backpack with plastic or water-proof lining.
- Comfortable, lightweight clothing.
- Sunglasses or goggles.
- Woollen hat for warmth.
- Pocket knife.
- Scarf or bandana.
- Lip balm.
- Ear plugs. (Optional)
- Spare contact lenses or glasses.
- Thermal innerwear.
- Extra polythene bags.
- A whistle.
- Reading materials, Games, Cards. (Optional)
- Towel especially lightweight quick-dry type.
- Track pants with more pockets. Carry around 2-3 pants. Avoid jeans.
- Waterproof jackets and gloves.
- A raincoat since the weather can be unpredictable sometimes. (Optional)
- Identification proof like Passport, Driving license, Aadhar card etc.
- 1 Passport size photographs.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancellation of booking of tour 31 days or more before the date of Departure will result in 20% deduction in the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 21-30 days before the date of Departure will result in 40% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 11-20 days before the date of Departure will result in 60% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 6-10 days before the date of Departure will result in 80% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 1-5 days before the date of Departure will result in 100% deduction of the cost of the tour.