Lahaul & Spiti Camping & Road Trip- If you wish to find yourself in a cold desert then Spiti valley is the ultimate destination for you. Spiti valley is all covered with gigantic sky-high mountain piercing the clear blue sky. The enchanting sound of the streams of Spiti River tears the peace of Spiti Mountains. In the night, the beauty of ink-blue sky with shining stars will live you speechless.
The road trip starting from Shimla to Spiti is designed for travellers who quest for discovering the lush beauty of delightful sceneries. The road trip goes through the beautiful rustic lands of Kinnaur, apple orchards and exploring nature at every step. Each and every small village or land the trip passby offers a memory to remember for a lifetime.
We have given the wings to your desires of unleashing the beauty of the Himalayas in the rustic land. If you are challenging enough to explore the enthralling experience of Kinnaur-Spiti road trip, plan your trip with us. Fill your life with experiences and stories to tell. Move out of your daily routine and explore Lahaul & Spiti with us which is a heaven for trekkers, campers, photographers, and adventure lovers.
Chandratal lake has a crescent (moon) shape with deep-blue waters. Also, visit Kunzum Pass (4,590 m) which connects Lahaul and Kullu valley with Spiti Valley. Spiti valley is all covered with gigantic sky-high mountain piercing the clear blue sky. The enchanting sound of the streams of Spiti River tears the peace of Spiti Mountains. In the night, the beauty of ink-blue sky with shining stars will live you speechless.
Day 1 (12 July) – The trip will start from Shimla ISBT in tempo traveller at around 8 in the morning towards Spillow, Pooh Kinnaur (250 km). Night stay and dinner in a homestay.
Day 2 (13 July) – After breakfast, early morning drive towards Nako village, explore the lake and continue the journey towards Tabo. Explore the old & new monastery and caves, continue drive to Kaza. Night stay and dinner in Kaza.
Day 3 (14 July) – After breakfast explore the nearby areas in Kaza including fossil village Langza, world’s highest post-office Hikkim, world’s highest motorable road to a village-Komic, largest monastery of Spiti-Key, Kibber village and continue the journey to Losar-the chilliest village in Spiti for dinner and night stay in camps.
Day 4 (15 July) – After breakfast, early morning drive to Chandratal via Kunzum Pass. 2 km trek to reach the lake, explore the lake and connect to the sound of silence and witness one of the most beautiful sunsets of your life. Stargazing, dinner and night stay in camps.
Day 5 (16 July)- Rise up to the sound of silence and visit the lake for sunrise. After breakfast, drive to Chatru in Lahaul. Night stay and dinner in camps.
Day 6 (17 July) – After breakfast, early morning drive towards Manali after crossing Rohtang Pass. At Manali, we part ways to meet soon for another adventure. (Night stay in Manali would be arranged if required by you)
Buffer Day- It is important to have an extra day as any bad weather condition or landslides may delay Rohtang Pass crossing. In case another day is utilized, you need to pay ₹ 1800 for buffer day expenses.
Stay – Homestay/Tents (sharing basis); Sleeping bags, lamps & carry mats.
Meals- Vegetarian, Nutritious and Tasty Meals during the Trek with Evening Tea.
- Breakfast on Day 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Lunch on Day 4
- Dinner on Day 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
3 Experienced travel leaders and cook.
Transport from Shimla to Manali.
First-Aid Kit, Oxygen Cylinder & GST.
- Travellers are reminded that there is a 15 kg limit on personal luggage.
- Cameras, whether video or film, needed to be protected against the severe cold either in a warm pouch or the interior pockets of your clothing. Do not keep your camera in your backpack at higher elevations.
- No insurance is provided during the trek.
- When between camps, please carry your daily personal rubbish to the next camp.
- Remember – “Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints”. So, keep the mountains clean and green.
- Aspirins and Paracetamols are highly recommended for headaches and because they also thin the blood that will help improving circulation & oxygen delivery to the body. Strong painkillers are not recommended as they can suppress respiration.
- Personal expense of any kind will not be entertained.
Personal Equipment Required:
- A good sturdy pair of shoes and a backpack with plastic or water-proof lining.
- Comfortable, lightweight clothing.
- Sunglasses or goggles.
- Woollen hat for warmth.
- Pocket knife.
- Scarf or bandana.
- Lip balm.
- Sunscreen Lotion.
- Ear plugs. (Optional)
- Spare contact lenses or glasses.
- Thermal innerwear.
- Reading materials, Games, Cards. (Optional)
- Towel especially lightweight quick-dry type.
- Track pants with more pockets. Carry around 2 pants. Avoid jeans.
- Waterproof jackets and gloves.
- A raincoat since the weather can be unpredictable sometimes.
- Identification proof like Passport, Driving license, Aadhar card etc.
- 1 Passport size photograph.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancellation of booking of tour 31 days or more before the date of Departure will result in 20% deduction in the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 21-30 days before the date of Departure will result in 40% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 11-20 days before the date of Departure will result in 60% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 6-10 days before the date of Departure will result in 80% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 1-5 days before the date of Departure will result in 100% deduction of the cost of the tour.