Parvati Valley Trek circuit – Parvati Valley Trek (3,200 m) is a magical trek in Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh. Trekatribe offers trekking to this fascinating trek in the month of April-November. Book yourself today to this heavenly trek. It is the perfect trek to calm an agitated soul. Parvati Valley circuit starts from Malana gate, ascend Rashol Pass (3200m) to Reach Rashol, Chalal and Kasol. Malana is a mysterious and magical village, whose people believe that they descended from the army of Alexander the Great and do not allow any kind of contact with the outside world. Malana valley, ruled by Jamlu Devta has its own unique customs, religion, architecture and form of democracy where the village Panchayat decides everything. Rashol Pass offers a beautiful view of Parvati Valley and the Himalayan ranges. There is Rashol, which is quiet and quaint, pleasing and peaceful, a small replica of Kasol. Then there is Chalal, the beauty that lies next to Parvati river is remarkable and each day is beautiful in its own way. Set on the banks of the Parvati River and amidst picturesque mountains and the Parvati valley, Kasol is the backpackers’ paradise. Come to the valley, chill, relax by the river, eat in Israeli cafes. Immerse yourself in the spirituality in Manikaran. These tiny Himachal villages will make you feel relaxed and make you fall hopelessly and irretrievably in love with Himachal! Listen to the sound of silence and connect with yourself.
Parvati Valley Trek Map
Day 1 (26 Oct) – Arrive Chandigarh in the morning, upon arrival you will meet our team and car. After settling down we will continue our journey towards Jari, Parvati Valley (9 hours). Dinner and night stay in a guest house with a wonderful view.
Day 2 (27 Oct)- After early morning breakfast, drive towards Malana Dam area (1 hour) and start trek towards Rashol Pass (4-5 hours) (3200 m). It divides Malana valley from the Parvati valley. It offers a stupendous view of the Malana glacier and high alpine pastures to the east. Steep descent (2-3 hours) on the other side to Rasol village. Reach Rashol village, briefing about the peaks and passes around, dinner, and night stay in cosy rooms.
Malana– Malana valley is ruled by Jamlu Devta and has its own unique customs, religion, architecture and form of democracy where the village Panchayat decides everything.
Rashol– is away from the crowd and it is an unexplored destination in Parvati Valley. It is located at 10,000 feet above sea level (3048 meters) and has only 75 houses and a population of around 200 people.
Day 3 (28 Oct)- Rise up to the sound of silence and connect with yourself. After breakfast, you are free to roam around the village and interact with the villagers. Trek down to Challal (8 km, 3 hours), lunch en route. Reach Challal, interact with villagers, dinner and night stay in cosy rooms.
Challal– It is a much bigger hamlet on the right bank of the Parvati river. Abounds in rest houses, pool parlours and cafes serving Italian, French and Israeli cuisine, it is very popular with young Europeans.
Day 4 (29 Oct)- After breakfast, a small 2 km hike to Kasol through the banks of Parvati river. Cross river over a bridge to the left bank and arrive at Kasol. Chill, relax by the river and eat in Israeli cafes. Also, visit Manikaran and at Kasol the tour ends with happy memories and final departure from Kasol to Chandigarh. At Chandigarh, we part ways to meet soon for another adventure.
Kasol– It has a minimal population, jazzy restaurants, and picturesque valley. An interesting fact about Kasol is that it is inhabited mostly by tourists from Israel. According to locals, the town is a hot spot for a lot of young people who finish their compulsory military service in Israel and then escape to the Parvati Valley. Experience the “Hippie” and “Shanti” vibe of ‘Little Amsterdam’ in Kasol.
Stay – Homestays/Guest House (sharing basis); Sleeping bags/Blankets.
Meals- Vegetarian Nutritious and Tasty Meals during the Trek with Evening Tea.
- Breakfast on Day 2, 3 and 4
- Lunch on Day 2 and 3
- Dinner on Day 1, 2 and 3
Experienced trek leaders and cook.
Transport from Chandigarh to Parvati and back
- Climbers are reminded that there is a 15kg limit on personal luggage for all climbs.
- Cameras, whether video or film, needed to be protected against the severe cold either in a warm pouch or the interior pockets of your clothing. Do not keep your camera in your backpack at higher elevations.
- We do not provide donkeys or porters to carry luggage.
- No insurance is provided during the trek.
- When between camps, please carry your daily personal rubbish to the next camp.
- Remember – “Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints”. So, keep the mountains clean and green.
- Aspirins and Paracetamols are highly recommended for headaches and because they also thin the blood that will help improving circulation & oxygen delivery to the body. Strong painkillers are not recommended as they can suppress respiration.
- Personal expense of any kind will not be entertained.
Personal Equipment Required:
- A good sturdy pair of shoes and a backpack with plastic or water-proof lining.
- Comfortable, lightweight clothing.
- Sunglasses or goggles.
- Woollen hat for warmth.
- Pocket knife.
- Scarf or bandana.
- Lip balm.
- Ear plugs. (Optional)
- Spare contact lenses or glasses.
- Thermal innerwear.
- Extra polythene bags.
- A whistle.
- Reading materials, Games, Cards. (Optional)
- Towel especially lightweight quick-dry type.
- Track pants with more pockets. Carry around 2 pants. Avoid jeans.
- Waterproof jackets and gloves.
- A raincoat since the weather can be unpredictable sometimes. (Optional)
- Identification proof like Passport, Driving license, Aadhar card etc.
- 1 Passport size photograph.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancellation of booking of tour 31 days or more before the date of Departure will result in a 20% deduction in the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 21-30 days before the date of Departure will result in 40% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 11-20 days before the date of Departure will result in 60% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 6-10 days before the date of Departure will result in 80% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 1-5 days before the date of Departure will result in 100% deduction of the cost of the tour.