Grahan Village Trekking
Trek to Grahan Village (2,347 m ) is a special trek in Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh. Grahan Village trek best time is in the month of Mid-April to December. Kasol is the nearest town from the base camp. Grahan Village Trek length is 12 km (one way). Grahan Village trekking offers incredible view.If you are looking for a village to find some peace, awesome views and a village feel, then Grahan is the right place for you. It is away from the crowd and an unexplored destination in Parvati Valley. It is surrounded by Kullu Tehsil towards South, Spiti Tehsil towards East, Drang Tehsil towards South, and Lahul Tehsil towards North. The hike to Grahan village starts from close to the bridge that separates Old Kasol and New Kasol. It follows the true left of Grahan nallah (stream), the stream that is a highlight of the trek. The gradient on the trail is easy, and you trek up nestled in the beauty of nature beneath towering pine trees. While hiking one will pass through the forest with huge pine trees and the sound of bees and insects with the mighty Parvati River flowing in full force along the valley.
The hike also involves crossing a few wooden bridges, the second bridge marks the halfway point to Grahan.Halfway on the trek, you cross the nallah over a bridge and hereafter the path is quite uphill.After a steep climb of about an hour, houses are visible, making you arrive in Grahan Village.It is located at 7,700 feet above sea level (2347 meters) and has only 50 houses and a population of around 350 people. The houses are over 200 years old. Arriving in Grahan is a tranquil sight with its wooden houses, lush greenery, and pure mountain air. There is also a small temple and a waterfall in Grahan. The villagers are simple and hospitable and the food is freshly made and delicious. A walk through the village and one will get the Himachali feel which is pretty much missing in all the other villages such as Tosh and Pulga that are lost in the Hippie trance. The village has no cellular network, no ATM and no hope of a road since it falls under the state forest area. Many of the villagers have extremely sharp features and are blessed with colored eyes and blonde hair
Quick Facts About Grahan Village Trek
- Mobile connectivity is intermittent in the village and it is better to make your phone calls before beginning the trek.
- Visitors are advised to ask locals before entering temples in this village.
- The history of the village is unique and interesting, the local legend goes that Grahan was first located near the village of taboos, Malana some 500 years ago, till a few elders decided to migrate to their current location deep inside the Parvati Valley tributaries. The villagers from Grahan are the only outsiders who the Malana locals consider equals.
- Consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited in Grahan and defying the same can lead to a heavy fine. The villagers claim that all of them one night got a vision of their local deity Yagya Maharishi who demanded that all of them should give up on alcohol the very same day and also forbade the existence of alcohol in the village.
- The people of the village are descendants of two families and it is mandatory that the villagers marry only a member of the other family. They are not allowed to marry their own people or an outsider.
Grahan Village Trek Itinerary
Heavy Group Discounts Available.
Accommodation, activities, and meals included in the trip.
Contact us for Detailed Itinerary.
We can customize the Itinerary according to Your needs.
The number of Days and sightseeing to Rashol, Kheerganga, Malana, Kullu, Chandrakhani Pass, Tosh, etc. and other nearby places can be added to the trek at an additional cost. Sightseeing to these places can be arranged depending on the road conditions during that time.
Grahan Village Gallery
Explore Grahan Village Gallery, one of the most peaceful villages in Parvati Valley, Himachal. Grahan Village images are fascinating. Grahan Village is situated at an altitude of 2,347 meters in Parvati Valley of Kullu district. Preview the spellbound beauty & well-organized pictures of this beautiful village.