Parvati Valley Trekking
- Malana is also known as the village of Taboos
- Rasol Pass (3200 m) divides Malana valley from the Parvati valley.
- Rashol Pass offers stupendous view of the Malana glacier and the high alpine mountains to the east.
- Jamlu is Malana's main deity which orders the Malani people to stay away from outsiders for protecting their culture. A medium is set between Jamlu and Malani's( people of Malana) to let them know what the deity wants. Also here, no Police Intervention is allowed. What happens in Malana, stays in Malana.
- Kanashi is Malana's local distinct language. Kanisha dialect is considered to have originated from the languages spoken by Greek soldiers
- Marriages are made in adolescent age and Polygamy is legal here. In case of a divorce, men has to support her ex-wife financially. In case a villager marries an outsider, he or she can never enter the village again.
- Mobile connectivity is intermittent in the village and it is better to make your phone calls before beginning the trek.
- In Rashol people worship "Goddess Renuka "(mother of Rishi Parshuram and wife of Rishi Jamdagni) is worshiped by the locals. And no outsider is allowed to touch their temples same as that of other places like Tosh, Malana.
- Rashol has a Hippie and Shanti vibe experience.
- From Rashol one can witness beautiful Parvati valley and the magnificent view of Sar pass and Khali Pass.
- Rashol is also famous for charas which is produced by the women of the village.
- Men of Rashol village believe to enjoy life and they love to play cards.
- Rashol has about 75 small wooden homes and roughly 200 people population.
Heavy Group Discounts Available.
Contact us for Detailed Itinerary.
We can customize the Itinerary according to Your needs.
The number of Days and sightseeing to Vashisht hot water springs, Jogini waterfall trek, Nehru kund, Old Manali, Hadimba Devi Temple, Beas kund, Rohtang La etc. and other nearby places can be added to the trek at an additional cost. Sightseeing to these places can be arranged depending on the road conditions during that time.