Top 9 Places To Visit in Himachal Pradesh in 2018: Discover a Different World
By Vaibhav Thakur
Himachal Pradesh is a mystical fascination for the people of India and abroad. It is rightly called 'Dev Bhoomi' or the Land of the Gods. It is an Adobe of snow and a perfect holiday destination for rest and peace. Himachal Pradesh offers a wider variety of experiences.
Here is our list of Top 9 places to visit in Himachal Pradesh in 2018. These beautiful places are for those who are in love with nature and want to explore beyond limits. Escape the ordinary and discover a different world this season.
- Sangla Kanda-Chitkul: If you are planning a holiday in Kinnaur, this short trek of Sangla Kanda lake (3,566 m) is ideal to include a bit of exercise and adventure to your holiday. It is an easy trek and it would just take you 3-4 hours to reach this magical lake from Sangla. The trail starts from crossing the Baspa river over the wooden bridge towards the Rukti valley and the peaceful Rukti stream. There you will pass through a rich forest of blue pine and deodar. After reaching Sangla Kanda you will witness a panoramic view of Kinner Kailash range with Raldang's sharp spire view. Next day, visit the 'Last village of India' i.e. Chitkul (4,550 m). It is a beautiful village where Indian road ends. There are numerous trekking options nearby. Trekatribe offers 4 to 10 days travel packages to Sangla Kanda-Chitkul and nearby areas including Rupin Pass.
- Parvati Valley- In the mystical vales of Kullu district lies the Parvati Valley. It is the most magical place in Himachal Pradesh and a perfect place to calm an agitated soul. There are numerous destinations and treks in Parvati Valley including Kasol, Rasol, Chalal, Tosh, Kheerganga, Buni-Buni Pass, Mantalai, Malana, Manikaran, and Grahan. These all places are quiet, quaint, peaceful, pleasing and the beauty of Parvati river is remarkable. Each day in Parvati is different and beautiful in its own way. Kasol is the backpackers' paradise and a hippie town. Visit Parvati valley to chill, relax, and eat in the Israeli cafes. Parvati valley will let you fall hopelessly in love with mountains and Himachal. Trekatribe offers 2 to 12 days travel packages to explore different destinations in Parvati valley.
- Jalori Pass (10,581 m)- This pass is in Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh. You can reach this pass in a car or bus. Here you will witness purple irises, rare flowers, cobra plants, green & purple Monal and red-chested tragopan in the meadows of this pass. Common nearby attractions include Serolkar lake and Raghupur Garh Fort. This pass offers a panoramic view of the Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal ranges. There are many small dhabas at the top of the Pass that provide food. Serolkar lake (10,236 ft) is a 6 km trek from Jalori and this small lake is revered on both sides of the ridge and numerous pilgrims trek up there in summer. You can camp near the lake. Shoja is a nearby picturesque village with a few modest hotels offering basic facilities. The ruins of Raghupur Garh Fort (10,817 ft) are located 4 km to the right of this Pass. Trekatribe offers 2 to 6 days travel packages to explore Jalori Pass and all the places nearby.
- Hatu Peak- Initially known as the Gorkha Battlefield, this peak (3400 m) was of great strategic importance because of its commanding position. It offers a spectacular view of the snow-capped peaks of the Himalayas from the Srikhand range in the east to the Kinner Kailash range in the north-west, and also the peaks of the Tons & Yamuna catchment area in Uttarakhand. Hatu Peak is famous for its ski slopes and winter sports activities are common here in winter. The trek (7 m) to Hatu Peak starts from Narkanda, Shimla passing through Gujjar Kotha and its small lake, mix forest range of blue pine, fir and spruce, deodar, Kharsu oak, rhododendron, walnut, and horse-chestnut. Hatu Mata (Goddess) temple is located at the top of the peak. An hour's walk south-east will take you to the grassy meadows of Jor Bagh, an ideal place for camping. Trekatribe offers 2 to 4 days travel packages to Hatu Peak and nearby places.
- Chandratal Lake (4,300 m)- This high-altitude lake is a heaven for all. Local villagers believe fairies visit this lake at night. This lake is designated as a Ramsar site because of the presence of rare flora and fauna. Many migratory birds visit this lake in the summer months. This lake is also known as the moon lake due to its crescent shape. Camping is the only option to stay here. A trek of 8 km from this lake will take you to Kunzum Pass (4,590 m) which connects Spiti and Lahaul valley. Chandratal is an ideal destination for trekkers, campers, photographers, and travel enthusiasts. The lake has a circumference of 2.5 km and the sight of early morning reflection of snowy mountains over this lake will remain in your memory forever. This lake is the origin of Chandra river and has crystal clear blue colour. Trekatribe offers 3 to 7 days travel packages to this lake and the places nearby in Lahaul & Spiti.
- Shali Tibba (2,872 m)- This is the best trekking option near Shimla city. A visit to Shimla is incomplete without this trek. It is a perfect weekend getaway in Shimla from Chandigarh and Delhi. Shali Tibba is the highest peak in the vicinity of Shimla. The trek is of 7 km long and it starts from Khatnol village, Mashobra. This peak offers a 360-degree view of Himachal including Mandi, Shikari Devi, Shima town, Satluj, Kinner Kailash range, Churdhar, Srikhand range, Sail peaks of Spiti, and even peaks of Uttarakhand like Black Peak and Swargarohini on a clear day. The trek trail is full of blue pine and cedar forests. There is a temple at the top of the peak dedicated to Bhima Kali. Trekatribe offers 2 to 4 days travel packages to this mighty peak and the places nearby in Shimla.
- Barot-Rajgunda-Bir Billing- Barot (1800 m) is a new tourist place in Mandi district of Himachal. It is a small, beautiful, and less-known hill station with fascinating views. It is also famous for Shanan Hydel Project developed in 1920's. Trout fish in Barot is very famous and this lush green valley is the entrance to Rajgunda (2500 m) by crossing the Ulh river wooden bridge and a breath-taking view of the Dhauladhar range. Badagran (2,300 m) is 14 km drive from Barot and is famous for a magical waterfall. It takes 3 hours to reach Billing from Rajgunda through the Chinna Pass. From Billing it takes 30 minutes to fly down to Bir i.e reach 1500 m from 2400 m. Paragliding at Billing is a wishlist of every adventure seeker, rightly the best paragliding experience in India. Explore the beautiful monasteries of Bir, enjoy the best Tibetan food and evening walk in the tea gardens of Palampur. Trekatribe offers 3 to 8 days travel packages to this amazing combination of sightseeing, culture exploration, adventure, and trekking.
- Churdhar (3,647 m)- This is a spiritual trek in Sirmaur district of Himachal Pradesh. It is also known as 'Bangles of the snow ridge'. There are 2 trekking routes to reach Churdhar R1: Sarain (8 Km), Chopal R2: Nauradhar (15Km), Sirmaur. Churdhar is a perfect weekend getaway for peace lovers. It is the highest peak in the outer Himalayas. At the top of the peak, is a giant statue of Lord Shiva. One can witness the beautiful peaks of the Dhauladhar ranges, Uttarakhand and beyond from the top of the peak on a sunny day. This trek is of great religious significance for the local villagers and the temple is dedicated to the local deity- Lord Shirgul Devta. Trekatribe offers 2 to 4 days travel packages to the spiritual trek and the places nearby, including Haripurdhar.
- Prashar Lake (2,730 m)- This is an exquisite place in Mandi district of Himachal Pradesh. There is a direct road which goes near the lake and you just have to trek a Km to reach this magical and mysterious lake. It is surrounded by snow-capped peaks. This lake has a floating island on it and it is uncertain, how deep the lake really is. From here one can witness the Dhauladhar range, Pir Panjal range and even Kinnaur mountain ranges. There is a 12km trek to Tunga Mata Temple from there. The view of the lake is breath-taking from here. Prashar lake looks special in every different season. There is no mobile connectivity here. Hence, this is the best escape for a peaceful holiday. Trekatribe offers 2 to 4 days camping and trekking packages in this paradise and other nearby places. 'Summers are here and it is time to Go Outside to explore a new place' Himachal Calling!
Why Travel Alone? Trek with your Tribe! Have a traveler experience with Trekatribe. Explore beyond Limits!