Chandernahan lake trek– Chandernahan Lake Trek (4,200 m) is an incredible trek in Shimla district of Himachal Pradesh, India. Trekatribe offers trekking to this ever-changing trek in the month of May-October. Chandernahan lake is considered the point of origin of the Pabbar River and is located on the south-western slopes of the main Himalayas which lies to the north-west of Rohru in Shimla district. It is highest lake in Shimla .It is a highly revered lake for the inhabitants of the valley. The Devta’s devotees consider the lake a sacred abode of Goddess Kali, who in turn is considered the caretaker of all the people living in the Rohru valley.
The trek to Chandernahan takes you to a maximum altitude of around 4200 meters above sea level. Its one of the best treks near Shimla. Enroute Chandernahan, you will reach Simbar Thach, Dayara Thach, and Litham Thach in between. These all three places are best for camping and bonfire just under the sky full of stars. The word “Thach” means a large plane area in hilly areas where goats and other animals use it for grazing. In this beautiful Thach, you will definitely get the feel of heaven. After reaching the Litham Thach, you will witness the beautiful Waterfall. From Litham Thach, a trek towards Waterfall and further towards the lakes is truly mesmerizing.
Chandernahan Lake Trek Map
Day 1 (13 September)- Arrival in Shimla and drive towards Tangnu, Rohru in the night.
Rohru: Rohru is a town and a municipal committee in Shimla district in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. It is at the banks of the Pabbar River, and it is about 115 km from Shimla city. Rohru is famous for its apples and trout fishing.
Day 2 (14 September)– Reach Tangnu and then hike towards Jhanglik village (2 km). A brief introduction of the trek. This village is purely heritage and picturesque. Start trekking towards meadows of Dayara Thach (2-3 hours). Lunch en route and briefing about the peaks and passes around, bonfire, and night stay in tents.
Day 3 (15 September) – After morning refreshments and breakfast, a trek towards Litham Thach (4 hours)through the meadows of Mounti Thach. Briefing about the peaks and passes around, bonfire, and night stay in Litham in tents.
Day 4 (16 September)- After breakfast trek forward towards seven Glacial Ponds -The Chandernahan lakes (5 km). These Seven Glacial Ponds are the source of Pabbar river. After exploring the Lakes, back to Litham Thach for lunch and trek down to the meadows. Evening tea, dinner, bonfire, and night stay in meadows near Simbar Thach.
Chandernahan Lake: Chandernahan Lake is a very beautiful lake situated in between snowy mountains in Rohru at a height of nearly 4,000 meters. One can witness a beautiful 30m waterfall en route the lakes from Litham Thach.
Day 5 (17 September)- After breakfast, early morning descend to Jhanglik village. After reaching Jhanglik, a 2km hike towards Tangnu village and final departure from Tangnu to Shimla. At Shimla, we part ways to meet soon for another trekking adventure. (Night stay in Shimla would be arranged if required by you)
Stay – Tents (sharing basis); Sleeping bags and carry mats.
Meals- Vegetarian Nutritious and Tasty Meals during the Trek. Evening Tea
- Breakfast on Day 3, 4 and 5
- Lunch on Day 2, 3 and 4
- Dinner on Day 2, 3 and 4
Experienced trek leaders and cook.
Transport from Shimla and back to Shimla.
- Climbers are reminded that there is a 15kg limit on personal luggage for all climbs.
- Cameras, whether video or film, needed to be protected against the severe cold either in a warm pouch or the interior pockets of your clothing. Do not keep your camera in your backpack at higher elevations.
- We do not provide donkeys or porters to carry luggage.
- No insurance is provided during the trek.
- When between camps, please carry your daily personal rubbish to the next camp.
- Remember – “Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints”. So, keep the mountains clean and green.
- Aspirins and Paracetamols are highly recommended for headaches and because they also thin the blood that will help improving circulation & oxygen delivery to the body. Strong painkillers are not recommended as they can suppress respiration.
- Personal expense of any kind will not be entertained.
Personal Equipment Required:
- A good sturdy pair of shoes and a backpack with plastic or water-proof lining.
- Comfortable, lightweight clothing.
- Sunglasses or goggles.
- Woollen hat for warmth.
- Pocket knife.
- Scarf or bandana.
- Lip balm.
- Ear plugs. (Optional)
- Spare contact lenses or glasses.
- Thermal innerwear.
- Extra polythene bags.
- A whistle.
- Reading materials, Games, Cards. (Optional)
- Towel especially lightweight quick-dry type.
- Track pants with more pockets. Carry around 2 pants. Avoid jeans.
- Waterproof jackets and gloves.
- A raincoat since the weather can be unpredictable sometimes. (Optional)
- Identification proof like Passport, Driving license, Aadhar card etc.
- 1 Passport size photograph.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancellation of booking of tour 31 days or more before the date of Departure will result in 20% deduction in the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 21-30 days before the date of Departure will result in 40% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 11-20 days before the date of Departure will result in 60% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 6-10 days before the date of Departure will result in 80% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 1-5 days before the date of Departure will result in 100% deduction of the cost of the tour.