Chandrakhani Pass & Magic Valley Trek– Chandrakhani Pass & Magic Valley Trek (3660 m) is a picturesque trek in Kullu district of H.P, India. Trekatribe offers trekking to this refreshing treks in Kullu in the month of May-November. Chandrakhani Pass is one of the most beautiful and serene Pass, at an altitude of 3660 m located in the Kullu valley, Himachal Pradesh. Naggar – an ancient town commands extensive views, especially to the North West of the valley. Naggar was the former capital of Kullu and was founded by Raja Visudhpal. Picture perfect Naggar valley, with its fertile fields, evergreen thicket and crystal clear gushing waters which set against the backdrop of towering mountains provides everything that an adventure seeker dreams of.
The Chandrakhani Pass trek is a perfect getaway which will keep coming to your mind for a long time. The trailhead starts from Naggar which lies only 20 km away from a popular tourist destination called Manali. The mountains are covered with the beautiful forest of pine and oak trees, rhododendron bushes, and alpine meadows. The forests are famous for its Himalayan birds like Monal. The trail leading to Chandrakhani and Malana is quite steep at places which make it a perfect trek for those seeking adventure. From the top of the ridge, one can see 360-degree view i.e. Bara Banghal range to the west, Pir Panjal to the north and Parvati valley to the east. You will come across nomadic Gujjar shepherds rearing their cattle. The path is through a forest cover of deodar, pine, and chestnut. The trek then breaks out to the alpine meadows at higher altitudes. At an altitude of 9500 feet. Magic Valley goes through the beautiful Malana village and is a base camp for ‘Chandrakhani Pass’ and ‘Deotibba’. Magic Valley is a mystical valley, the word ‘Magic’ with this place explains everything. Magic Valley is hidden deep inside the Malana Valley. The Malana stream adds to the beauty of this valley, a place which will be in your memories forever. Magic Valley is located higher up near the village of Malana and is a tranquil place with plantations and has no village but only campsites. It is akin to becoming one with nature and watching the magical skies in the night full of shooting stars and listening to the songs of the mountains. Explore the bohemian trails of Magic Valley with Trekatribe this summer.
Chandrakhani Pass & Magic Valley Trek Map
Day 1 (5 October) – Morning arrival in Kullu. Drive to Rumsu, Naggar (base camp 30 km), start trek towards Chaklani (11 km, 5 hours). Lunch en route. Pass through the forests into the meadows with enchanting views all around. Dinner and night stay in tents.
Naggar: Situated on the left bank of river Beas at an altitude of 2,047 meters, Naggar is an ancient town in Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh, India. It was once capital of the Kullu kingdom and is perhaps the most charming village in the valley today surrounded by the magnificent mountains, waterfalls and snow-covered ranges.
Day 2 (6 October) – After breakfast, start trekking towards Chandrakhani pass (1 hour, 2 km). After reaching Chandrakhani, a brief about the place and about the ranges visible from there. Continue trek towards Magic Valley (4-5 hours, 8-9 km), lunch en route, and camp near Malana stream near Dadru with bonfire and dinner.
Chandrakhani Pass: Chandrakhani Pass is located in the Kullu District at a height of 3,660 metres. It forms a pass between the villages of Rumsu and Pulag to the well-known village of Malana, which indirectly forms a trekking route from Naggar to Malana across the Chandrakhani Pass. One can witness a spectacular view from Chandrakhani pass of the peaks of Pir Panjal range and also of the mighty Deo Tibba (6,001 m) and Indrasan (6,221 m) peaks. A further trek of 7km descend from Chandrakhani pass would take one to the ancient village known as Malana.
Day 3 (7 October)– After breakfast start trek towards Malana village (2 hours, 5 km), explore the village and descend down to the Dam road (1 hour, 2.5 km). Drive back to Kullu. At Kullu, we part ways to meet soon for another trekking adventure. (Night stay in Kullu would be arranged if required by you)
Stay – Tents (sharing basis); Sleeping bags and carry mats.
Meals- Vegetarian Nutritious and Tasty Meals during the Trek and Evening Tea.
- Breakfast on Day 2 and 3
- Lunch on Day 1 and 2
- Dinner on Day 1 and 2
Experienced trek leaders and cook.
Transport from Kullu and back to Kullu.
- Climbers are reminded that there is a 15 kg limit on personal luggage for all climbs.
- Cameras, whether video or film, needed to be protected against the severe cold either in a warm pouch or the interior pockets of your clothing. Do not keep your camera in your backpack at higher elevations.
- We do not provide donkeys or porters to carry luggage.
- No insurance is provided during the trek.
- When between camps, please carry your daily personal rubbish to the next camp.
- Remember – “Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints”. So, keep the mountains clean and green.
- Aspirins and Paracetamols are highly recommended for headaches and because they also thin the blood that will help improving circulation & oxygen delivery to the body. Strong painkillers are not recommended as they can suppress respiration.
- Personal expense of any kind will not be entertained.
Personal Equipment Required:
- A good sturdy pair of shoes and a backpack with plastic or water-proof lining.
- Comfortable, lightweight clothing.
- Sunglasses or goggles.
- Woollen hat for warmth.
- Pocket knife.
- Scarf or bandana.
- Lip balm.
- Ear plugs. (Optional)
- Spare contact lenses or glasses.
- Thermal innerwear.
- Extra polythene bags.
- A whistle.
- Reading materials, Games, Cards. (Optional)
- Towel especially lightweight quick-dry type.
- Track pants with more pockets. Carry around 2 pants. Avoid jeans.
- Waterproof jackets and gloves.
- A raincoat since the weather can be unpredictable sometimes. (Optional)
- Identification proof like Passport, Driving license, Aadhar card etc.
- 1 Passport size photograph.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancellation of booking of tour 31 days or more before the date of Departure will result in 20% deduction in the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 21-30 days before the date of Departure will result in 40% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 11-20 days before the date of Departure will result in 60% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 6-10 days before the date of Departure will result in 80% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 1-5 days before the date of Departure will result in 100% deduction of the cost of the tour.