Route: Chandigarh – Nauradhar – Churdhar – Chandigarh
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Altitude: 3,647m / 11,965ft
Trek Length: 15 km (one-way)
Duration: 2 Nights/ 3 Days
Batch Size– 10
Price inclusive of Camping, Transport, Food & GST.
Churdhar Trek– Churdhar Trek (3,647 m) is a spiritual trek and one of the perfect weekend getaways near Chandigarh. Trekatribe offers trekking to this heavenly trek in the month of April-November. Churdhar, located at 3,647m (11,965ft) is located in Sirmaur district of the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. It is the highest peak in Sirmaur district and is also the highest peak located in the outer Himalayas. Below the summit is a deodar-roof temple of Lord Shirgul Devta housing a lingam dedicated to Lord Shiva (Chudeshwar Mahadev). This temple is of deep significance to the local people of Sirmaur, Chaupal and Solan area.
Churdhar is also known as ‘Chur Chandani’ meaning mountain dressed in the moonlight. The approach to the summit can be done from three sides namely; via Nauradhar: 16 km (Sirmaur), Sarain: 8 km (Chaupal, Shimla)and Pulhwal: 8 km (Chaupal, Shimla). The most popular one is from Nauradhar in Sirmour district with beautiful halting points in between and with a spectacular view all around. Located in the Sirmaur district of the state, its a place of great religious importance. At the top of the Churdhar peak, a giant statue of Lord Shiva looks mesmerizing as well as takes you back to the tales of the great Indian epics like Mahabharata and Ramayana.
Churdhar is one of the most fascinating treks near Shimla. One can witness beautiful peaks of the Dhauladhar, the Greater Himalayas and some giant peaks of Uttarakhand like Swargarohini (6,252m), Bandarpoonch (6,316m), Kedarnath (6,940m) and Badrinath (7,138m) from here on a bright sunny day. This trip will start from Chandigarh and is a 2 Nights/3 Days trip. Join us to explore the highest peak of the outer Himalayas!
Churdhar Trek Map
Day 1 (18 Oct)-We pack ourselves in cars early in the morning from Chandigarh and head on to a beautiful small village called Nauradhar in Sirmaur district, jamming in the car, getting acquainted with each other and having an epic road journey across states! This distance of 135 kilometres between Chandigarh and Nauradhar will be covered in about 4 to 5 hours. After lunch at Nauradhar, we start our trek towards Dusri (Base camp, 6 km, 2-3 hours). Camping, bonfire, dinner and night stay at camps under billion stars.
Day 2 (19 Oct)– Today after breakfast, we start our trek towards Churdhar top (9 km, 3-4 hours). Visit the top of the Churdhar Peak and get a 360-degree view of the Himalayas. Hike down to the big rock and Shirgul Maharaj Temple for blessings. After lunch, hike down Dusri (2-3 hours) for the night stay at camps.
Day 3 (20 Oct)– After witnessing sunrise and having a tasty breakfast we will hike down to Nauradhar (2 hours) and drive back to Chandigarh in a car packed with memories and lots of warmth, with promises to come back to this magical land again very soon! Reach Chandigarh by 6 to 8 pm and go home with a heavy heart full of joy!
Stay – Camping (sharing basis); Sleeping bags/Blankets.
Meals- Vegetarian Nutritious and Tasty Meals during the Trek with Evening Tea.
- Breakfast on Day 2 and 3
- Lunch on Day 1 and 2
- Dinner on Day 1 and 2
Experienced trek leaders and cook.
Transport from Chandigarh and back.
First-Aid Kit/ Oxygen Cylinder.
- Climbers are reminded that there is a 15kg limit on personal luggage for all climbs.
- Cameras, whether video or film, needed to be protected against the severe cold either in a warm pouch or the interior pockets of your clothing. Do not keep your camera in your backpack at higher elevations.
- We do not provide donkeys or porters to carry luggage.
- No insurance is provided during the trek.
- When between camps, please carry your daily personal rubbish to the next camp.
- Remember – “Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints”. So, keep the mountains clean and green.
- Aspirins and Paracetamols are highly recommended for headaches and because they also thin the blood that will help improving circulation & oxygen delivery to the body. Strong painkillers are not recommended as they can suppress respiration.
- Personal expense of any kind will not be entertained.
Personal Equipment Required:
- A good sturdy pair of shoes and a backpack with plastic or water-proof lining.
- Comfortable, lightweight clothing.
- Sunglasses or goggles.
- Woollen hat for warmth.
- Pocket knife.
- Scarf or bandana.
- Lip balm.
- Ear plugs. (Optional)
- Spare contact lenses or glasses.
- Thermal innerwear.
- Extra polythene bags.
- A whistle.
- Reading materials, Games, Cards. (Optional)
- Towel especially lightweight quick-dry type.
- Track pants with more pockets. Carry around 2 pants. Avoid jeans.
- Waterproof jackets and gloves.
- A raincoat since the weather can be unpredictable sometimes. (Optional)
- Identification proof like Passport, Driving license, Aadhar card etc.
- 1 Passport size photograph.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancellation of booking of tour 31 days or more before the date of Departure will result in a 20% deduction in the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 21-30 days before the date of Departure will result in 40% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 11-20 days before the date of Departure will result in 60% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 6-10 days before the date of Departure will result in 80% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 1-5 days before the date of Departure will result in 100% deduction of the cost of the tour.