Day 1 (14 March) –Catch the evening Volvo bus from Delhi to Kasol, and prepare yourself for the great big adventure that lies ahead!.
Kasol: A beautiful village situated in Parvati valley on the banks of the Parvati river. Kasol has many beautiful places nearby like Chalal, Rashol, Manikaran to see and explore around.
Day 2 (15 March)- Arrive at Kasol early morning and get acquainted with the warm Trek A Tribe team that will be your guide throughout the trek! Get acquainted with each other, and head to a short 30 minutes hike to Challal from Kasol after a hearty breakfast. The trail to Chalal starts from Kasol town, passing via an old iron bridge over the ferocious Parvati River. About 30 minutes into the walk you enter a beautiful Alpine forest popularly known as the Mystic Forest, in the small village of Challal. After exploring this quaint village and gorging on some lunch, we stroll along the pristine Parvati River and head back to our traditional Himachali homestay for some dinner and bonfire, as we prep ourselves for the trek the following day!
Day 3 (16 March) –After breakfast, we start our hike back to Kasol early in the morning and from Kasol, we pack ourselves into a car that will take us till Barshaini, the starting point of the trek. From here, we take on the trail to Kheerganga (12 km, 5 hours) and walk through thick Alpine forest laden with oak, pine, deodar and rhododendron trees. As you walk through the trail, you notice the beautiful bright red rhododendron flowers in full bloom along the trail, with locals climbing the trees to take the flowers home and process them into different preparations. Commonly known as buransh in the local language, these flowers bloom in spring and have heat preventing benefits. These flowers are commonly consumed in the form of juices, squash or jams. Spring is indeed the finest weather to trek in one of the most beautiful trails of Himachal!
Upon completing reaching the top and completing the trek, we get comfortable in our tents and celebrate this victory with a bonfire to warm our tired souls, followed by some piping hot dinner to ward off the bone-chilling spring winds!
Kheerganga: A beautiful place with green meadows surrounded by spectacular mountain peaks, Parvati river and with an amazing view all around. This place is blessed with a hot water spring to reinvigorate the mind and body after a tiresome 12 km trek.
Day 4 (17 March) –After catching a glorious sunrise from the elevation, we pack up and trek back to Barshaini and drive further till Kasol. Board the evening bus back to Delhi from Kasol with a heavy heart full of warmth and happy memories!
Stay – Tents/Homestay (sharing basis); Sleeping bags and carry mats.
Meals- Vegetarian, Nutritious and Tasty Meals during the Trek and Evening Tea.
- Breakfast on Day 2, 3 and 4
- Dinner on Day 2 and 3
Experienced trek leaders and cook.
Transport from Delhi to Kasol and back in Volvo Bus; Local Transport in sharing cabs.
- Climbers are reminded that there is a 15kg limit on personal luggage for all climbs.
- Cameras, whether video or film, needed to be protected against the severe cold either in a warm pouch or the interior pockets of your clothing. Do not keep your camera in your backpack at higher elevations.
- We do not provide donkeys or porters to carry luggage.
- No insurance is provided during the trek.
- When between camps, please carry your daily personal rubbish to the next camp.
- Remember – “Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints”. So, keep the mountains clean and green.
- Aspirins and Paracetamols are highly recommended for headaches and because they also thin the blood that will help improving circulation & oxygen delivery to the body. Strong painkillers are not recommended as they can suppress respiration.
- Personal expense of any kind will not be entertained.
Personal Equipment Required:
- A good sturdy pair of shoes and a backpack with plastic or water-proof lining.
- Comfortable, lightweight clothing.
- Sunglasses or goggles.
- Woollen hat for warmth.
- Pocket knife.
- Scarf or bandana.
- Lip balm.
- Ear plugs. (Optional)
- Spare contact lenses or glasses.
- Thermal innerwear.
- Extra polythene bags.
- A whistle.
- Reading materials, Games, Cards. (Optional)
- Towel especially lightweight quick-dry type.
- Track pants with more pockets. Carry around 2 pants. Avoid jeans.
- Waterproof jackets and gloves.
- A raincoat since the weather can be unpredictable sometimes. (Optional)
- Identification proof like Passport, Driving license, Aadhar card etc.
- 1 Passport size photograph.