Route: Manali- Kibber– Base Camp- Kanamo Peak- Kibber– Manali
Difficulty Level: Moderate to Difficult
Altitude: 5,960 m (19,560 ft)
Trek Length: 10 km (One way)
Duration: 5 Nights/6 Days
Batch Size– 10
Price inclusive of Camping, Transport, Food & GST.
Kanamo Peak Expedition- Fondly known as the “White Hostess”, the Kanamo Peak sits at a whopping 5,974 meters above sea level. Majestically placed in the background of Tashi Gang and Kibber villages in Spiti Valley, Kanamo Peak is one of the very few trekable peaks that can be summited without proper mountaineering knowledge. A relatively easier climb then most summit expeditions, Kanamo can be tried starting from Kibber after proper acclimatization.
This expedition takes you through some barren and deserted yet beautiful meadows above Kibber, before welcoming you to the magnificent Thimer Tso or the Kanamo Lake which serves as the base camp for the trek. Walking over loose scree and boulder moraines before the final climb, this trek to the perennially snowy White Lady Peak is nothing short of a true adventure and is definitely not for the faint-hearted. And yet, the relatively easier level of this trek makes it for the perfect alternative to the more challenging expeditions like Stok Kangri!
Kanamo Peak Map
Day 1 (6 August)- We gather early morning at Manali and push off for our adventurous 190 kilometers road trip to Kibber village in the magical land of Spiti Valley. On our way, we pass by breathtaking spots like the Rohtang Pass, Batal village which is famous for its decades-old ‘Chacha Chachi ka Dhaba’, the magnificent Kunzum Pass surrounded by snowclad peaks on all sides, and Lossar. Once in Kibber, we check in to our cosy homestay in the village and acclimatize ourselves to the high altitude and harsh weather of the
formidable Spiti. Post snack and dinner, we call it an early night to rest well for the adventures that lie ahead!
Day 2 (7 August)- We take a day’s halt at Kibber to let our bodies get properly adjusted to the high altitude of the region. We spend our day keeping our minds and bodies healthy and in sync by treating ourselves to wholesome meals, lots of water and hikes around the village to let our bodies get used to the upcoming physical strain.
Day 3 (8 August)- This is the day when we finally begin our trek to our destination. On the first day of the trek, we face steep ascents for about three hours before easing into a level walk till the base camp. We trek for about 5 kilometres to climb to a height of 4,785 meters in about 5-6 hours. After pitching our tents and having a hearty meal, we go off to bed and rest well for the summit climb the following day.
Day 4 (9 August)- We start before the crack of dawn to race against the harsh sunlight in such high altitudes and make our final ascent to the peak. Once there, we spend some time watching the sun rise beautifully over the surrounding peaks. From the summit, one can have a bird’s eye view of Ladakh, Spiti, Kullu and Kinnaur peaks all at once!
Once we have taken in the beauty the mighty Kanamo has to offer, we make our way back to the base camp and spend the night in our cosy tents under the light of a billion stars!
Day 5 (10 August)- On our last day of the trek, we start to head back to Kibber after breakfast and reach the village by lunchtime. Exchanging stories from the trek over a few hot cuppas, we go to bed with a warm heart full of memories to be cherished for a lifetime!
Day 6 (11 August)- On our last leg of this journey, we start from Kibber and head back to the hustle bustle of civilization in Manali and get on with our lives, keeping in heart the brilliant memories made over the course of the last few days!
- Accommodation in Camps/Homestay.
- Transportation from Manali to Manali in Innova or Tempo Traveller.
- MAP meal plan (6 Breakfast and 6 Dinner).
- Tour Leader.
- First-Aid Kit/ Oxygen Cylinder.
- Expenses of personal nature
- Expenses raised due to any road blockage or natural calamity
- Travellers are reminded that there is a 15kg limit on personal luggage for all trips.
- Cameras, whether video or film, needed to be protected against the severe cold either in a warm pouch or the interior pockets of your clothing. Do not keep your camera in your backpack at higher elevations.
- We do not provide donkeys or porters to carry luggage.
- No insurance is provided during the trek.
- When between camps, please carry your daily personal rubbish to the next camp.
- Remember – “Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints”. So, keep the mountains clean and green.
- Aspirins and Paracetamols are highly recommended for headaches and because they also thin the blood that will help improving circulation & oxygen delivery to the body. Strong painkillers are not recommended as they can suppress respiration.
- Personal expense of any kind will not be entertained.
Personal Equipment Required:
- A good sturdy pair of shoes and a backpack with plastic or water-proof lining.
- Comfortable, lightweight clothing.
- Sunglasses or goggles.
- Woollen hat for warmth.
- Pocket knife.
- Scarf or bandana.
- Lip balm.
- Ear plugs. (Optional)
- Spare contact lenses or glasses.
- Thermal innerwear.
- Extra polythene bags.
- A whistle.
- Reading materials, Games, Cards. (Optional)
- Towel especially lightweight quick-dry type.
- Track pants with more pockets. Carry around 2 pants. Avoid jeans.
- Waterproof jackets and gloves.
- A raincoat since the weather can be unpredictable sometimes. (Optional)
- Identification proof like Passport, Driving license, Aadhar card etc.
- 1 Passport size photograph.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancellation of booking of tour 31 days or more before the date of Departure will result in a 20% deduction in the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 21-30 days before the date of Departure will result in 40% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 11-20 days before the date of Departure will result in 60% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 6-10 days before the date of Departure will result in 80% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 1-5 days before the date of Departure will result in a 100% deduction of the cost of the tour.