Prashar Lake Trek – Prashar Lake Trek (2,730 m) is a spectacular trek in Mandi district of Himachal, India. Trekatribe offers trekking to this magical lake throughout the year. This holy Lake lies 65 km north of Mandi, with a three-storied pagoda-like temple dedicated to the sage Prashar. With deep blue waters, the lake is held sacred to the sage Prashar and he is regarded to have meditated there. Surrounded by snow-capped peaks and looking down on the fast flowing river Beas, the lake can be approached via Drang. The lake has a floating island in it and it is said to be unclear how deep it is, with a diver not being able to determine its depth. Prashar Lake is one of the hidden gems of Himachal. If you are looking for peace, quiet and breathtaking beauty, make your way to this splendid lake. You can spend a whole day simply relaxing under the blue skies overlooking the deep blue waters of the lake.
Mythology says that this lake was formed by Pandavas when they were on their way after Mahabharata with Deity Kamrunag (based on which this entire valley is known by Kamru Valley today) to find the best place for their teacher, Dev Kamrunag and Deity love the isolation of this place so much that he decided to stay here for the rest of his life. On his request, Bhimsen one of the Pandava brothers formed the lake by pushing his elbow and forearm on the peak of the mountain. And that is the reason believed by locals after oval-shaped lake with depth unknown. Today faith from all faiths of people brings them here. As an offering, people throw money, silver coins and gold into the water. The trek offers a 180-degree view of the Dhauladhar, Pir Panjal, and Kinnaur mountain ranges. A 12 km trek to Tunga Mata temple above the Prashar Lake can also be done. The trail is a steep climb on the mountain ridge behind the lake. The view of the lake from here is breathtaking.
Prashar Lake Trek Map
Day 1 (2 June)- Morning drive (65 km) from Mandi towards Prashar lake. Small trek to the lake (1km). After reaching Prashar Lake, a briefing about the place and about the ranges visible from there and then Bonfire, Dinner, and Night stay near Prashar Lake.
Mandi: Mandi is a small scenic beautiful town at the center of Himachal Pradesh.Mandi district is one of the central districts of Himachal Pradesh state in northern India. Mandi town is the headquarters of Mandi district. The town has mythological and historical significance and boasts of a unique temple architecture. It is referred to as Chhota Kashi as there are many ancient temples in the city.
Day 2 (3 June)- Rise up to the sound of silence and after breakfast roam around the Prashar Lake and visit Prashar temple. Drive to Mandi from Prashar lake. At Mandi, we part ways to meet soon for another trekking adventure. (Night stay in Mandi would be arranged if required by you)
Prashar Lake: Prashar Lake lies 49 km north of Mandi, Himachal Pradesh, India, with a three-storied pagoda-like temple dedicated to the sage Prashar. The lake is located at a height of 2730 m above sea level. One can witness easternmost Pir Panjal ranges and Mt. Deo Tibba (6,001 m) and Mt. Indrasan (6,221 m) from Prashar on a sunny day.
Stay – Tents (sharing basis); Sleeping bags and carry mats.
Meals- Vegetarian Nutritious and Tasty Meals during the Trek with Evening Tea.
- Breakfast on Day 2
- Dinner on Day 1
Experienced trek leaders and cook.
Transport from Mandi and back to Mandi.
- Climbers are reminded that there is a 15kg limit on personal luggage for all climbs.
- Cameras, whether video or film, needed to be protected against the severe cold either in a warm pouch or the interior pockets of your clothing. Do not keep your camera in your backpack at higher elevations.
- We do not provide donkeys or porters to carry luggage.
- No insurance is provided during the trek.
- When between camps, please carry your daily personal rubbish to the next camp.
- Remember – “Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints”. So, keep the mountains clean and green.
- Aspirins and Paracetamols are highly recommended for headaches and because they also thin the blood that will help improving circulation & oxygen delivery to the body. Strong painkillers are not recommended as they can suppress respiration.
- Personal expense of any kind will not be entertained.
Personal Equipment Required:
- A good sturdy pair of shoes and a backpack with plastic or water-proof lining.
- Comfortable, lightweight clothing.
- Sunglasses or goggles.
- Woolen hat for warmth.
- Pocket knife.
- Scarf or bandana.
- Lip balm.
- Ear plugs. (Optional)
- Spare contact lenses or glasses.
- Thermal innerwear.
- Extra polythene bags.
- A whistle.
- Reading materials, Games, Cards. (Optional)
- Towel especially lightweight quick-dry type.
- Track pants with more pockets. Carry around 2 pants. Avoid jeans.
- Waterproof jackets and gloves.
- A raincoat since the weather can be unpredictable sometimes. (Optional)
- Identification proof like Passport, Driving license, Aadhar card etc.
- 1 Passport size photograph.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancellation of booking of tour 31 days or more before the date of Departure will result in 20% deduction in the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 21-30 days before the date of Departure will result in 40% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 11-20 days before the date of Departure will result in 60% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 6-10 days before the date of Departure will result in 80% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 1-5 days before the date of Departure will result in 100% deduction of the cost of the tour.