Rasol Trek – Rustic Rasol Trek (3,048 m) is a peaceful trek in Parvati valley, Kullu ( Himachal Pradesh). Trekatribe offers trekking to this rejuvenating trek in the month of March-December. If you are looking for a village to find some peace, awesome views and a local village feel, then Rashol is the right place for you. It is away from the crowd and an unexplored destination in Parvati Valley. The Rasol trek starts from village Chalal. It takes 4-5 hours to reach Rashol. The trail is steep with magnificent views. Breathe in the fresh air and walk through the alpine jungles and small streams. You will pass through red and pink rhododendron trees as you hike up. Pink rhododendron is the state flower of Himachal Pradesh. Once you reach Rashol you will see old wooden houses and a beautiful temple in the mid of village. Soak in the beauty and witness the magnificent Parvati valley in all its glory. Here people worship “Goddess Renuka “(mother of Rishi Parshuram and wife of Rishi Jamdagni) is worshiped by the locals. And no outsider is allowed to touch their temples same as that of other places like Tosh, Malana. Rasol is a beautiful village with its own culture and history. Here you can see the amazing view of Sar Pass and Khali Pass. Rasol is a parallel universe in the splendid morning light. Listen to the sound of silence and connect with yourself.
Rustic Rasol Trek Map
Day 1 – Arrival in Kasol. A small hike to Chalal (40 minutes). Night stay, and dinner in cozy rooms.
Kasol– It has a minimal population, jazzy restaurants, and picturesque valley. An interesting fact about Kasol is that it is inhabited mostly by tourists from Israel. According to locals, the town is a hot spot for a lot of young people who finish their compulsory military service in Israel and then escape to the Parvati Valley. Experience the “Hippie” and “Shanti” vibe of ‘Little Amsterdam’ in Kasol.
Day 2 – After morning tea and breakfast, start trekking towards Rashol village (4 hours, 8 km) through the Alpine and Rhododendron forests. Reach Rashol village and have lunch, briefing about the peaks and passes around, bonfire, dinner, and night stay in Rashol.
Rashol– is away from the crowd and it is an unexplored destination in Parvati Valley. It is located at 10,000 feet above sea level (3048 meters) and has only 75 houses and a population of around 200 people.
Day 3 – Rise up to the sound of silence and after breakfast roam around the village and interact with villagers. Trek down to Kasol with happy memories and final departure from Kasol (3 hours). At Kasol, we part ways to meet soon for another trekking adventure.
Stay – Tents/Homestay (sharing basis); Sleeping bags and carry mats.
Meals- Vegetarian Nutritious and Tasty Meals during the Trek with Evening Tea.
- Breakfast on Day 2 and 3
- Lunch on Day 2
- Dinner on Day 1 and 2
Experienced trek leaders and cook.
- Climbers are reminded that there is a 15kg limit on personal luggage for all climbs.
- Cameras, whether video or film, needed to be protected against the severe cold either in a warm pouch or the interior pockets of your clothing. Do not keep your camera in your backpack at higher elevations.
- We do not provide donkeys or porters to carry luggage.
- No insurance is provided during the trek.
- When between camps, please carry your daily personal rubbish to the next camp.
- Remember – “Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints”. So, keep the mountains clean and green.
- Aspirins and Paracetamols are highly recommended for headaches and because they also thin the blood that will help improving circulation & oxygen delivery to the body. Strong painkillers are not recommended as they can suppress respiration.
- Personal expense of any kind will not be entertained.
Personal Equipment Required:
- A good sturdy pair of shoes and a backpack with plastic or water-proof lining.
- Comfortable, lightweight clothing.
- Sunglasses or goggles.
- Woolen hat for warmth.
- Pocket knife.
- Scarf or bandana.
- Lip balm.
- Ear plugs. (Optional)
- Spare contact lenses or glasses.
- Thermal innerwear.
- Extra polythene bags.
- A whistle.
- Reading materials, Games, Cards. (Optional)
- Towel especially lightweight quick-dry type.
- Track pants with more pockets. Carry around 2 pants. Avoid jeans.
- Waterproof jackets and gloves.
- A raincoat since the weather can be unpredictable sometimes. (Optional)
- Identification proof like Passport, Driving license, Aadhar card etc.
- 1 Passport size photograph.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancellation of booking of tour 31 days or more before the date of Departure will result in 20% deduction in the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 21-30 days before the date of Departure will result in 40% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 11-20 days before the date of Departure will result in 60% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 6-10 days before the date of Departure will result in 80% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 1-5 days before the date of Departure will result in 100% deduction of the cost of the tour.