Route: Chandigarh-Malana Dam-Waichan Valley-Chandigarh
Difficulty Level: Easy
Altitude: 2800 m/ 9200 ft
Trek Length: 4.5 km (one-way)
Duration: 2 Nights/3 Days
Batch Size– 10
Price inclusive of Camping, Transport, Food & GST.
Waichin Valley Trek– This unexplored valley is one of the less traveled trails in Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh. This Magical valley is a secret location and known to few and therefore it is also known as Magic Valley. This valley is located higher up near the village of Malana and is a tranquil place, a must visit for any explorer. Feel close to nature and listen to the songs of the mighty mountains. Only camping facility is available here. This is an ideal location to spend your time in nature with fewer people around and only good vibes.
Malana Dam is the starting point of the trek. Our guide will take you through a route of approx 4 km and take you to witness two hidden waterfalls en route. You will pass along the Malana stream and the sound of the flowing water is surely gonna calm your mind. Waichin Valley is said to be owned by the foreigners and this place has a different charm. This valley offers a fascinating view of the Himalayan ranges including the Animal Pass, Tiger Mouth Peak, and Khiksa Thaj Glacier. The population of the village is very low. The valley is also rich in flora and fauna. There are no cafes in Waichin, which is one of the things that separates it from Malana and Kasol, it is rather a more peaceful place. During nights this place looks beautiful with billion stars above you. This place will make you fall hopelessly and irretrievably in love with Himachal and its beauty!
This trip will start from Chandigarh and is one of the best weekend getaways near Chandigarh to fuel your wanderlust. Trekatribe offers trekking to this paradise from April to November. Come, explore with us!
Day 1 (25 Oct) – You will start your journey in the night from Chandigarh in comfortable Tempo Traveller/Innova from ISBT Sec-17/43. After settling down, we will continue our journey towards Malana Dam (9-10 hours).
Day 2 (26 Oct) – Reach Malana Dam in the morning, relax for sometime and start trekking towards Waichin Valley (4 km, 2 hours) through the banks of mystical Malana stream and a path full of pine and deodar trees. En route, also visit two hidden waterfalls and reach our campsite for brunch. This year experience snow at Waichin Valley in April. Relax and enjoy the beauty of Waichin Valley for the rest of the day. Briefing about the peaks and passes around, bonfire, dinner, and night stay in camps/homestay.
Day 3 (27 Oct) – Today after breakfast roam around the village and interact with the villagers and witness a beautiful sunrise. Trek back down to Malana Dam (1-2 hours) from another magical route and board your car back to Chandigarh with happy memories. At Chandigarh, we part ways to meet soon for another adventure.
Stay – Camping/Homestay (sharing basis); Sleeping bags/Blankets.
Meals- Vegetarian Nutritious and Tasty Meals during the Trek with Evening Tea and Snacks.
- Breakfast on Day 3
- Brunch on Day 2
- Dinner on Day 2
Experienced trek leaders and cook.
Transport from Chandigarh and back in comfortable Tempo Traveller.
First-Aid Kit/ Oxygen Cylinder.
- Climbers are reminded that there is a 15kg limit on personal luggage for all climbs.
- Cameras, whether video or film, needed to be protected against the severe cold either in a warm pouch or the interior pockets of your clothing. Do not keep your camera in your backpack at higher elevations.
- We do not provide donkeys or porters to carry luggage.
- No insurance is provided during the trek.
- When between camps, please carry your daily personal rubbish to the next camp.
- Remember – “Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints”. So, keep the mountains clean and green.
- Aspirins and Paracetamols are highly recommended for headaches and because they also thin the blood that will help improving circulation & oxygen delivery to the body. Strong painkillers are not recommended as they can suppress respiration.
- Personal expense of any kind will not be entertained.
Personal Equipment Required:
- A good sturdy pair of shoes and a backpack with plastic or water-proof lining.
- Comfortable, lightweight clothing.
- Sunglasses or goggles.
- Woollen hat for warmth.
- Pocket knife.
- Scarf or bandana.
- Lip balm.
- Ear plugs. (Optional)
- Spare contact lenses or glasses.
- Thermal innerwear.
- Extra polythene bags.
- A whistle.
- Reading materials, Games, Cards. (Optional)
- Towel especially lightweight quick-dry type.
- Track pants with more pockets. Carry around 2 pants. Avoid jeans.
- Waterproof jackets and gloves.
- A raincoat since the weather can be unpredictable sometimes. (Optional)
- Identification proof like Passport, Driving license, Aadhar card etc.
- 1 Passport size photograph.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancellation of booking of tour 31 days or more before the date of Departure will result in a 20% deduction in the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 21-30 days before the date of Departure will result in 40% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 11-20 days before the date of Departure will result in 60% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 6-10 days before the date of Departure will result in 80% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 1-5 days before the date of Departure will result in 100% deduction of the cost of the tour.