Yulla Kanda Trek- Yulla Kanda (3,895m) is located in the Rora Valley of Kinnaur. It is home to an ancient Krishna Temple located inside the lake. The holy lake is believed to be made by Pandavas during their exile. The trek starts from Yulla Khas, a small village located on the slope of hills.Yulla Khas is 3km from Urni Village. Total trek to reach Yulla Lake is of 11km, which goes through the dense forest, then into the meadows, and finally towards the holy lake.
People from all over Kinnaur and other parts of Himachal Pradesh visit this holy lake during Janmashtami festival to celebrate the birth of Lord Krishna. People from Kalpa and Pangi village go through arduous trek via Kashang Pass (4,800m) to reach this lake. One can also approach Kafnu village via Listigarang Pass (4,680m) located towards North-West of Yulla lake. From Kafnu one can further continue the trek towards Bhabhi Pass, a gateway from Kinnaur to Spiti. An hour trek towards the North-East of Yulla Lake will take you to Rora Kanda (3,900m), where one can do the overnight camping with the breathtaking view of passes around. On a clear sunny bright day, one can also witness Buran Pass from Yulla. Buran pass is the gateway to Chandernahan Lakes, which is the source of Pabbar river flowing through Rohru and finally which gets merged with Yamuna river. To have the beautiful experience of Yulla, one can visit this place in June when it’s full of snow and mesmerizing beauty all around.
Yulla Kanda Trek Map
Day 1 (25 May): Early morning drive to Tapri, Kinnaur from Shimla and then to Yulla Khas. Small trek to meadows. Briefing about the location and the ranges visible, dinner, bonfire and night stay in tents.
Day 2 (26 May): After breakfast, trek commencement towards Yulla Kanda Lake. Briefing about the lake, passes, and peaks visible from there. After spending an hour near the lake, descent back towards the meadow for lunch. Stargazing, dinner, and night stay in tents.
Yulla Kanda: There is a breathtaking view of Lord Krishna’s temple in Yulla Kanda in Kinnaur. At an altitude of 3,895m (12,778 ft) above sea a level, this holy lake is said to be made by the Pandavas during their exile. Janmashtami is the most profoundly celebrated festival here which marks the birth of Lord Krishna.
Day 3 (May 27): Early morning descent towards Yulla Khas and drive back to Shimla. At Shimla, we part ways to meet soon for another trekking adventure. (Night stay in Shimla would be arranged if required by you)
Stay – Tents (sharing basis); Sleeping bags and carry mats.
Meals- Vegetarian Nutritious and Tasty Meals during the Trek with Evening Tea.
- Breakfast on Day 2 and 3
- Lunch on Day 2
- Dinner on Day 1 and 2
Experienced trek leaders and cook.
Transport from Shimla and back to Shimla.
- Climbers are reminded that there is a 15kg limit on personal luggage for all climbs.
- Cameras, whether video or film, needed to be protected against the severe cold either in a warm pouch or the interior pockets of your clothing. Do not keep your camera in your backpack at higher elevations.
- We do not provide donkeys or porters to carry luggage.
- No insurance is provided during the trek.
- When between camps, please carry your daily personal rubbish to the next camp.
- Remember – “Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints”. So, keep the mountains clean and green.
- Aspirins and Paracetamols are highly recommended for headaches and because they also thin the blood that will help improving circulation & oxygen delivery to the body. Strong painkillers are not recommended as they can suppress respiration.
- Personal expense of any kind will not be entertained.
Personal Equipment Required:
- A good sturdy pair of shoes and a backpack with plastic or water-proof lining.
- Comfortable, lightweight clothing.
- Sunglasses or goggles.
- Woollen hat for warmth.
- Pocket knife.
- Scarf or bandana.
- Lip balm.
- Ear plugs. (Optional)
- Spare contact lenses or glasses.
- Thermal innerwear.
- Extra polythene bags.
- A whistle.
- Reading materials, Games, Cards. (Optional)
- Towel especially lightweight quick-dry type.
- Track pants with more pockets. Carry around 2 pants. Avoid jeans.
- Waterproof jackets and gloves.
- A raincoat since the weather can be unpredictable sometimes. (Optional)
- Identification proof like Passport, Driving license, Aadhar card etc.
- 1 Passport size photograph.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancellation of booking of tour 31 days or more before the date of Departure will result in 20% deduction in the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 21-30 days before the date of Departure will result in 40% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 11-20 days before the date of Departure will result in 60% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 6-10 days before the date of Departure will result in 80% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 1-5 days before the date of Departure will result in 100% deduction of the cost of the tour.