In the middle of Uttarkashi district, this beautiful meadow is situated. It is one of the most beautiful trek in Uttarakhand. Dayara means ‘Area’ and Bugyal means ‘Meadow’. Its situated at an elevation of 3048 m and is spread across 28 square kilometers. This is purely a lush green isolated trek. En route Dayara Bugyal you will come across Baranala lake where one can see the beautiful reflection of Oak trees in that lake. Walking across the grasslands, dense forests at different places ending up at the vast expanse of lush green meadow and across various shepherd huts, this trek will make you realize that sometimes the journey is more beautiful than the destination itself. Nature changes its color according to seasons and you can definitely experience that in Dayara Bugyal. In summers and rainy season, it is pure green. In autumn it is very colorful and in winter it is pure white. It is purely a beginner’s delight so it’s a very easy trek where you’ll catch sight of some majestic peaks namely Srikanth, Rudregaira, Gangotri I, II & III, Jaonli, Draupadi ka Danda I & II, Black peak, Bandarpunch and such. There’s a spectacular panoramic view of the Himalayan range from Dayara Bugyal.
Dayara Bugyal Map
Day 1 (7 September)- Reach Dehradun, Travel from Dehradun to Raithal, Uttarkashi then trek for just 2 km for camping, bonfire, and dinner.
Day 2 (8 September)- Trek from camps to Dayara Bugyal after breakfast. The trail passes through a beautiful lake and rich forest area with views of Himalayan ranges all around. (7 km trek length, Time 4-5 hours) Night stay and camping in Dayara Bugyal.
Dayara Bugyal: Dayara means ‘Area’ and Bugyal means ‘Meadow’. Its situated at an elevation of 3048 m and is spread across 28 square kilometres This is purely a lush green isolated trek with a spectacular view of Himalayan ranges including Gangotri ranges.
Day 3 (9 September)- After Breakfast, trek down to Raithal (9 Km, 3-4 hours) from Dayara Bugyal. Drive back to Dehradun and final departure with happy memories.
Stay – Tents (sharing basis); Sleeping bags and carry mats.
Meals- Vegetarian Nutritious and Tasty Meals during the Trek and Evening Tea.
- Breakfast on Day 2 and 3
- Lunch on Day 2 and 3
- Dinner on Day 1 and 2
Experienced trek leaders and cook.
Transport from Dehradoon and back to Dehradoon.
- Climbers are reminded that there is a 15kg limit on personal luggage for all climbs.
- Cameras, whether video or film, needed to be protected against the severe cold either in a warm pouch or the interior pockets of your clothing. Do not keep your camera in your backpack at higher elevations.
- We do not provide donkeys or porters to carry luggage.
- No insurance is provided during the trek.
- When between camps, please carry your daily personal rubbish to the next camp.
- Remember – “Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints”. So, keep the mountains clean and green.
- Aspirins and Paracetamols are highly recommended for headaches and because they also thin the blood that will help improving circulation & oxygen delivery to the body. Strong painkillers are not recommended as they can suppress respiration.
- Personal expense of any kind will not be entertained.
Personal Equipment Required:
- A good sturdy pair of shoes and a backpack with plastic or water-proof lining.
- Comfortable, lightweight clothing.
- Sunglasses or goggles.
- Woolen hat for warmth.
- Pocket knife.
- Scarf or bandana.
- Lip balm.
- Ear plugs. (Optional)
- Spare contact lenses or glasses.
- Thermal innerwear.
- Extra polythene bags.
- A whistle.
- Reading materials, Games, Cards. (Optional)
- Towel especially lightweight quick-dry type.
- Track pants with more pockets. Carry around 2 pants. Avoid jeans.
- Waterproof jackets and gloves.
- A raincoat since the weather can be unpredictable sometimes. (Optional)
- Identification proof like Passport, Driving license, Aadhar card etc.
- 1 Passport size photograph.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancellation of booking of tour 31 days or more before the date of Departure will result in 20% deduction in the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 21-30 days before the date of Departure will result in 40% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 11-20 days before the date of Departure will result in 60% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 6-10 days before the date of Departure will result in 80% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 1-5 days before the date of Departure will result in 100% deduction of the cost of the tour.