Route: Delhi – Chopta – Tungnath – Chandrashila Peak – Deoria Tal – Delhi
Altitude: 4,000 m/13,123.4 ft
Trek Length: 17 km
Trek Duration: 3 Night/ 4 Days
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Chandrashila Peak and Deoria Tal trek
Chandrashila Peak is one of the most popular easy treks in Uttarakhand, and rightfully so. Commonly done during the summertime, the third week of May will be a perfect option to explore the beauty of the trail with the rhododendron flowers in full bloom and the snow from the winters giving a beautiful contrast to the flaming red of the flowers. These flowers, also locally known as buransh are used to make chutneys, jams, and juices to prevent from the oncoming heat of the summers.
A window to the mighty peaks of the Garhwal Himalayas, snowclad mountains accompany the trekkers throughout the trail. This trail is also much loved by bird watchers as different types of birds can be seen during springtime here including the Blue Throated Barbet, Long Tailed Minivet Female, Chestnut Bellied Rock Thrush, Himalayan Bulbul, and the Yellow-Billed Blue Magpie. From the summit of the Chandrashila Peak, one also gets to see all of the Himalayan peaks starting from West to East Uttarakhand, which are the tallest in India. This trek is truly blessed with colourful flowers, stunning vistas of the Himalayas and numerous colourful species of birds, making it an absolutely delightful trail!
Chandrashila Peak and Deoria Tal Trek Gallery
Chandrashila Peak Trek Map
Chandrashila Peak and Deoria Tal Trek
Date : April 10, 2020
Time : 5:00 am
Delhi to Saari Village via Tempo TravelerWe begin our drive in a tempo traveler from Delhi (5 am) towards Chopta early on in the morning and halt at Saari village for the night, a village located close to Chopta, the base camp for our trek. We spend the night in a comfortable guest house, with stunning views of the Chandrashila Peak!
Date : April 11, 2020
Chopta to Chandrashila PeakAfter rising early morning for breakfast and sunrise, we start our short drive towards Chopta and begin our 6 kilometres trek towards the summit. 4 kilometres into the way, we land up on the Tungnath Temple, famously known as the highest Shiv temple in the entire world! We then proceed to finish the remaining 2 kilometres uphill and once at the top, we take on the astounding views of the Upper Himalayas that Uttarakhand is most famous for. Try to spot several high range peaks like the Chaukhamba Massif, Mandani Parvat, and Janhukut. After taking in the majestic panoramic views, we begin our 6 kilometres descent back to Chopta, and further drive down to Saari to spend the night.
Date : April 12, 2020
Short Hike to Deoriatal LakeThe next morning we start our short 2.5 kilometres hike to Deoriatal Lake after a hearty breakfast. The lake is famous for its magical views of the Chaukhamba Massif looming in the backdrop of the grand lake. We spend the night by the lake at a campsite, under a billion stars above us!
Date : April 13, 2020
Hike back to Saari Village & Back to DelhiOn our final day, we hike back down to Saari and start our drive back to Delhi with a heavy heart full of warm memories!
Stay – Guest House/Camping (sharing basis);
Meals- Vegetarian Nutritious and Tasty Meals during the Trek with Evening Tea.
- Breakfast on Day 2, 3 and 4
- Lunch on Day 2 and 3
- Dinner on Day 1, 2 and 3
Experienced trek leaders and cook.
Transport from Delhi and back in comfortable Tempo Traveller.
First-Aid Kit/ Oxygen Cylinder.
- Climbers are reminded that there is a 15kg limit on personal luggage for all climbs.
- Cameras, whether video or film, needed to be protected against the severe cold either in a warm pouch or the interior pockets of your clothing. Do not keep your camera in your backpack at higher elevations.
- We do not provide donkeys or porters to carry luggage.
- No insurance is provided during the trek.
- When between camps, please carry your daily personal rubbish to the next camp.
- Remember – “Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints”. So, keep the mountains clean and green.
- Aspirins and Paracetamols are highly recommended for headaches and because they also thin the blood that will help improving circulation & oxygen delivery to the body. Strong painkillers are not recommended as they can suppress respiration.
- Personal expense of any kind will not be entertained.
Personal Equipment Required:
- A good sturdy pair of shoes and a backpack with plastic or water-proof lining.
- Comfortable, lightweight clothing.
- Sunglasses or goggles.
- Woollen hat for warmth.
- Pocket knife.
- Scarf or bandana.
- Lip balm.
- Ear plugs. (Optional)
- Spare contact lenses or glasses.
- Thermal innerwear.
- Extra polythene bags.
- A whistle.
- Reading materials, Games, Cards. (Optional)
- Towel especially lightweight quick-dry type.
- Track pants with more pockets. Carry around 2 pants. Avoid jeans.
- Waterproof jackets and gloves.
- A raincoat since the weather can be unpredictable sometimes. (Optional)
- Identification proof like Passport, Driving license, Aadhar card etc.
- 1 Passport size photograph.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancellation of booking of tour 31 days or more before the date of Departure will result in a 20% deduction in the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 21-30 days before the date of Departure will result in 40% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 11-20 days before the date of Departure will result in 60% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 6-10 days before the date of Departure will result in 80% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 1-5 days before the date of Departure will result in 100% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Expenses of personal nature
- Expenses raised due to any road blockage or natural calamity
- Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing