Route: Delhi – Solan – Nauradhar – Churdhar – Delhi
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Altitude: 3,647m / 11,965ft
Trek Length: 15 km (one-way)
Duration: 3 Nights/ 4 Days
Batch Size– 10
Price inclusive of Camping, Transport, Food & GST.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Churdhar Trek (3,647 m) is a spiritual trek and one of the perfect weekend getaways near Chandigarh. Trekatribe offers trekking to this heavenly trek in the month of April-November. Churdhar, located at 3,647m (11,965ft) is located in Sirmaur district of the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. It is the highest peak in Sirmaur district and is also the highest peak located in the outer Himalayas. Below the summit is a deodar-roof temple of Lord Shirgul Devta housing a lingam dedicated to Lord Shiva (Chudeshwar Mahadev). This temple is of deep significance to the local people of Sirmaur, Chaupal and Solan area.
Churdhar is also known as ‘Chur Chandani’ meaning mountain dressed in the moonlight. The approach to the summit can be done from three sides namely; via Nauradhar: 16 km (Sirmaur), Sarain: 8 km (Chaupal, Shimla) and Pulhwal: 8 km (Chaupal, Shimla). The most popular one is from Nauradhar in Sirmour district with beautiful halting points in between and with a spectacular view all around. Located in the Sirmaur district of the state, its a place of great religious importance. At the top of the Churdhar peak, a giant statue of Lord Shiva looks mesmerizing as well as takes you back to the tales of the great Indian epics like Mahabharata and Ramayana.
Churdhar is one of the most fascinating treks near Shimla. One can witness beautiful peaks of the Dhauladhar, the Greater Himalayas and some giant peaks of Uttarakhand like Swargarohini (6,252m), Bandarpoonch (6,316m), Kedarnath (6,940m) and Badrinath (7,138m) from here on a bright sunny day. This trip will start from Delhi and is a 3 Nights/ 4 Days trip. Join us to explore the highest peak of the outer Himalayas!
Churdhar Trek Gallery
Churdhar Trek Map
Date : May 21, 2020
Time : 8:00 pm
Delhi to Solan Via Volvo BusWe start from Delhi in an overnight luxury Volvo bus to Solan and rest for the bug adventures that lay ahead of us.
Date : May 22, 2020
Solan to Nauradhar Via Car & Trek to DusriAfter reaching Solan in the morning, we begin our drive further to a beautiful small village called Nauradhar in Sirmaur district, jamming in the car, getting acquainted with each other and having an epic road journey in the hills before we begin trekking! This distance of 66 kilometers between Solam and Nauradhar will be covered in about 3 hours. After lunch at Nauradhar, we start our trek towards Dusri which will be our base camp for the day. Today’s trek will be of 5 km, just about 2-3 hours long. We end the day with camping, bonfire, dinner and night stay at camps under a billion stars.
Date : May 23, 2020
Trek From Dusri to Churdhar topToday after breakfast, we start our 9 kilometers trek towards Churdhar top which should take us about 3-4 hours. We visit the top of the Churdhar Peak and marvel at the 360-degree view of the Himalayas. Later, we hike down to the big rock and Shirgul Maharaj Temple for blessings. After lunch, we make our way back down to Dusri (2-3 hours) for the night stay at camps.
Date : May 24, 2020
Journey back to DelhiAfter witnessing a breath-taking sunrise and having a delicious breakfast we will hike down to Nauradhar (2 hours) and drive back to Solan in a car packed with memories and lots of warmth, with promises to come back to this magical land again very soon! The journey ends with an overnight Volvo bus ride from Solan back to Delhi.
Stay – Camping (sharing basis).
Meals– Vegetarian Nutritious and Tasty Meals during the Trip with Evening Tea.
- Breakfast on Day 3, 4
- Lunch & Dinner on Day 2 and 3
Experienced tour leaders and cook.
Transport from Delhi to Parvati and back in Volvo Bus; Other local transport in sharing cabs.
- Travellers are reminded that there is a 15kg limit on personal luggage for all the trips.
- Cameras, whether video or film, needed to be protected against the severe cold either in a warm pouch or the interior pockets of your clothing. Do not keep your camera in your backpack at higher elevations.
- We do not provide donkeys or porters to carry luggage.
- No insurance is provided during any trip.
- When between camps, please carry your daily personal rubbish to the next camp.
- Remember – “Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints”. So, keep the mountains clean and green.
- Aspirins and Paracetamols are highly recommended for headaches and because they also thin the blood that will help improving circulation & oxygen delivery to the body. Strong painkillers are not recommended as they can suppress respiration.
- Personal expense of any kind will not be entertained.
Personal Equipment Required:
- A good sturdy pair of shoes and a backpack with plastic or water-proof lining.
- Comfortable, lightweight clothing.
- Sunglasses or goggles.
- Woollen hat for warmth.
- Pocket knife.
- Scarf or bandana.
- Lip balm.
- Ear plugs. (Optional)
- Spare contact lenses or glasses.
- Thermal innerwear.
- Extra polythene bags.
- A whistle.
- Reading materials, Games, Cards. (Optional)
- Towel especially lightweight quick-dry type.
- Track pants with more pockets. Carry around 2 pants. Avoid jeans.
- Waterproof jackets and gloves.
- A raincoat since the weather can be unpredictable sometimes. (Optional)
- Identification proof like Passport, Driving license, Aadhar card etc.
- 1 Passport size photograph.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancellation of booking of tour 31 days or more before the date of Departure will result in a 20% deduction in the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 21-30 days before the date of Departure will result in 40% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 11-20 days before the date of Departure will result in 60% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 6-10 days before the date of Departure will result in 80% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 1-5 days before the date of Departure will result in 100% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Expenses of personal nature
- Expenses raised due to any road blockage or natural calamity