Difficulty Level: Easy to Moderate
Altitude: 2,347 m (7,700 ft)
Trek Length: 10 km (one way)
Duration: 2 Nights/ 3 Days
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Grahan Village Trek
Grahan is an unexplored village in Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh. Trekatribe offers trekking to this unforgiving trek near Manali in the month of March-December. If you are looking for a village to find some peace, awesome views and a local culture feel, then Grahan is the right place for you. It is away from the crowd and an unexplored destination in Parvati Valley. This village is surrounded by Kullu Tehsil towards South, Spiti Tehsil towards East, Drang Tehsil towards South, and Lahaul Tehsil towards North.
Grahan Trek analysis:
The trek to Grahan village starts from close to the bridge that separates Old Kasol and New Kasol. It follows the true left of Grahan stream, the stream that is a highlight of the trek. The gradient on the trail is easy, and you trek up nestled in the beauty of nature beneath towering pine trees.
While trekking one will pass through the forest with huge pine trees and the sound of bees and insects with the mighty Parvati River flowing in full force along the valley. The hike also involves crossing a few wooden bridges, the second bridge almost marks the halfway point to Grahan. Halfway on the trek, you cross the stream over a bridge and hereafter the path is quite uphill. After a steep climb of about two hours, houses are visible, making you arrive in the village.
Grahan Village analysis:
It is located at 7,700 feet above sea level. Grahan has only 50 houses and a population of around 350 people. The houses are over 200 years old. Arriving in Grahan is a tranquil sight with its wooden houses, lush greenery, and pure mountain air. There is also a small temple and a waterfall in Grahan. The villagers are simple and hospitable and the food is freshly made and delicious. A walk through the village and one will get the Himachali feel, which is pretty much missing in all the other villages such as Tosh and Pulga that are lost in the Hippie trance.
The village has no cellular network, no ATM and no hope of a road since it falls under the state forest area. Many of the villagers have extremely sharp features and are blessed with coloured eyes and blonde hair. Come join us to Grahan Village trek, starting from Delhi. Furthermore, this village is one of the best offbeat destinations around Delhi.
Grahan Trek Gallery
Grahan Trek Map
Grahan Village Trek
Date : February 28, 2020
Time : 6:30 pm
Delhi to Kasol in Volvo BusThe journey starts from Delhi in evening Volvo bus to Kasol (12-13 hours). Give yourself a good sleep in the comfortable ride to the hills, as you prepare yourself for one of the best adventures of your life ahead! Kasol- It has a minimal population, jazzy restaurants, and picturesque valley. An interesting fact about Kasol is that it is inhabited mostly by tourists from Israel. According to locals, the town is a hot spot for a lot of young people who finish their compulsory military service in Israel and then escape to the Parvati Valley. Experience the “Hippie” and “Shanti” vibe of ‘Little Amsterdam’ in Kasol.
Date : February 29, 2020
Kasol to Grahan TrekYou will meet our representative and trek leader at Kasol, relax for sometime, have your breakfast and start trekking towards Grahan village (10 km, 4-5 hours) through the banks of mystical Grahan stream and a path full of pine and rhododendron trees. Lunch en route. Reach Grahan village, briefing about the peaks and passes around, bonfire, dinner, and night stay in Grahan in cozy rooms. Grahan- is away from the crowd and an unexplored destination in Parvati Valley. It is located at 7,700 feet above sea level (2347 meters) and has only 50 houses and a population of around 350 people.
Date : March 1, 2020
Grahan to Kasol Trek & Volvo Bus Back to DelhiRise up to the sound of silence and after breakfast roam around the village, interact with villagers, visit the local school and the hidden waterfalls. Trek back down to Kasol (3-4 hours) and you will now be free to stroll in the hippie market of Kasol or eat in any cafe or try Kasol street food. At Kasol, the tour ends with happy memories and board the evening Volvo bus back to Delhi. At Kasol we part ways to meet soon for another adventure. (You will reach Delhi around 7-8 in the next morning.
Stay- Homestay (sharing basis)
Meals- Vegetarian Nutritious and Tasty Meals during the Trek with Evening Tea.
- Breakfast on Day 2, and 3
- Lunch on Day 2
- Dinner on Day 2
Experienced trek leaders and cook.
Transport from Delhi and back in Volvo Bus.
First-Aid Kit/ Oxygen Cylinder.
- Climbers are reminded that there is a 15kg limit on personal luggage for all climbs.
- Cameras, whether video or film, needed to be protected against the severe cold either in a warm pouch or the interior pockets of your clothing. Do not keep your camera in your backpack at higher elevations.
- We do not provide donkeys or porters to carry luggage.
- No insurance is provided during the trek.
- When between camps, please carry your daily personal rubbish to the next camp.
- Remember – “Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints”. So, keep the mountains clean and green.
- Aspirins and Paracetamols are highly recommended for headaches and because they also thin the blood that will help improving circulation & oxygen delivery to the body. Strong painkillers are not recommended as they can suppress respiration.
- Personal expense of any kind will not be entertained.
Personal Equipment Required:
- A good sturdy pair of shoes and a backpack with plastic or water-proof lining.
- Comfortable, lightweight clothing.
- Sunglasses or goggles.
- Woollen hat for warmth.
- Pocket knife.
- Scarf or bandana.
- Lip balm.
- Ear plugs. (Optional)
- Spare contact lenses or glasses.
- Thermal innerwear.
- Extra polythene bags.
- A whistle.
- Reading materials, Games, Cards. (Optional)
- Towel especially lightweight quick-dry type.
- Track pants with more pockets. Carry around 2 pants. Avoid jeans.
- Waterproof jackets and gloves.
- A raincoat since the weather can be unpredictable sometimes. (Optional)
- Identification proof like Passport, Driving license, Aadhar card etc.
- 1 Passport size photograph.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancellation of booking of tour 31 days or more before the date of Departure will result in a 20% deduction in the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 21-30 days before the date of Departure will result in 40% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 11-20 days before the date of Departure will result in 60% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 6-10 days before the date of Departure will result in 80% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 1-5 days before the date of Departure will result in 100% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Expenses of personal nature
- Expenses raised due to any road blockage or natural calamity