Route: Shimla-Tapri-Urni-Yulla Khas-Yulla Lake-Shimla
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Altitude: 3,895m (12,778 ft)
Trek Length: 12km (one-way)
Duration: 3 Nights/ 4 Days
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Yulla Kanda Trek
Yulla Kanda Trek– Yulla Kanda (3,895m) is located in the Rora Valley of Kinnaur. It is home to the world’s highest Lord Krishna Temple located inside the lake, built by the Pandavas during their exile. The trek starts from Yulla Khas, a small village located on the slope of hills. Yulla Khas is 3 km away from Urni Village. Total trek to reach Yulla Lake is of 12 km. It goes through the dense forest, then into the meadows, and finally towards the holy lake.
People from all over Kinnaur and other parts of Himachal Pradesh visit this holy lake during Janmashtami festival to celebrate the birth of Lord Krishna. People from Kalpa and Pangi village go through arduous trek via Kashang Pass (4,800m) to reach this lake. One can also approach Kafnu village via Listigarang Pass (4,680m) located towards North-West of Yulla lake. From Kafnu one can further continue the trek towards Bhabha Pass, a gateway from Kinnaur to Spiti. An hour trek towards the North-East of Yulla Lake will take you to Rora Kanda (3,900m). Here one can do the overnight camping with the breathtaking view of passes around.
On a clear sunny bright day, one can also witness Buran Pass from Yulla. Buran pass is the gateway to Chandernahan Lakes, which is the source of Pabbar river flowing through Rohru and finally which gets merged with Yamuna river. To have the beautiful experience of Yulla, one can visit this place in May-June and September-October with a mesmerizing beauty all around.
Yulla Kanda Trek Gallery
Yulla Kanda Trek Map
Yulla Kanda Trek
There is a breathtaking view of Lord Krishna's temple in Yulla Kanda in Kinnaur district of Himachal. At an altitude of 3,895m (12,778 ft) above the sea level, this holy lake is said to be made by the Pandavas during their exile. Janmashtami is the most profoundly celebrated festival here which marks the birth of Lord Krishna.
Date : June 11, 2020
Time : 8:00 am
Drive from Shimla to Yulla KhasArrival in Shimla and start your journey towards Tapri, Kinnaur from Shimla at around 8 am in the morning in comfortable Tempo Traveller, reach Yulla Khas village in the evening. Night stay and dinner at a homestay with an awesome view of the village.
Date : June 12, 2020
Trek to Trekatribe Basecamp (8 km)Rise up early and after breakfast start trekking towards Yulla Kanda Trekatribe Base Camp (8 km, 4-5 hours) through a dense forest towards the meadows. Briefing about the ranges, passes, and peaks visible from there. Stargazing, dinner, and night stay in tents.
Date : June 13, 2020
Trek to Yulla Kanda lake (4 km) and back to BasecampAfter Breakfast 4 km trek towards the Yulla Kanda Lake, After spending amazing time near the lake, we will descent back towards the meadow i.e base camp for lunch. Stargazing, dinner, and night stay in tents.
Date : June 14, 2020
Journey back to ShimlaAfter breakfast early morning descent towards Yulla Khas village (2-3 hours) and drive back to Shimla. At Shimla, we part ways to meet soon for another trekking adventure. (Night stay in Shimla would be arranged if required by you)
Stay – Tents/Homestay (sharing basis); Sleeping bags and carry mats.
Meals- Vegetarian Nutritious and Tasty Meals during the Trek with Evening Tea.
- Breakfast on Day 2, 3 and 4
- Lunch on Day 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Dinner on Day 1, 2 and 3
Experienced trek leaders and cook.
Transport from Shimla and back to Shimla in comfortable Tempo Traveller.
Oxygen Cylinder, First-Aid Kit & GST.
- Climbers are reminded that there is a 15kg limit on personal luggage for all climbs.
- Cameras, whether video or film, needed to be protected against the severe cold either in a warm pouch or the interior pockets of your clothing. Do not keep your camera in your backpack at higher elevations.
- We do not provide donkeys or porters to carry luggage.
- No insurance is provided during the trek.
- When between camps, please carry your daily personal rubbish to the next camp.
- Remember – “Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints”. So, keep the mountains clean and green.
- Aspirins and Paracetamols are highly recommended for headaches and because they also thin the blood that will help improving circulation & oxygen delivery to the body. Strong painkillers are not recommended as they can suppress respiration.
- Personal expense of any kind will not be entertained.
Personal Equipment Required:
- A good sturdy pair of shoes and a backpack with plastic or water-proof lining.
- Comfortable, lightweight clothing.
- Sunglasses or goggles.
- Woollen hat for warmth.
- Pocket knife.
- Scarf or bandana.
- Lip balm/Sunscreen Lotion.
- Ear plugs. (Optional)
- Spare contact lenses or glasses.
- Thermal innerwear.
- Extra polythene bags.
- A whistle.
- Reading materials, Games, Cards. (Optional)
- Towel especially lightweight quick-dry type.
- Track pants with more pockets. Carry around 2 pants. Avoid jeans.
- Waterproof jackets and gloves.
- A raincoat since the weather can be unpredictable sometimes. (Optional)
- Identification proof like Passport, Driving license, Aadhar card etc.
- 1 Passport size photograph.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancellation of booking of tour 31 days or more before the date of Departure will result in 20% deduction in the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 21-30 days before the date of Departure will result in 40% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 11-20 days before the date of Departure will result in 60% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 6-10 days before the date of Departure will result in 80% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 1-5 days before the date of Departure will result in 100% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Expenses of personal nature
- Expenses raised due to any road blockage or natural calamity
- Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing