Route: Delhi- Bir – Billing – Delhi
Difficulty Level: Easy to Adventurous
Flight Time: 30 Minutes
Trek Length: 7.5 km
Duration: 2 Nights/ 3 Days
Batch Size– 10
Price inclusive of Camping, Transport, Paragliding, Food & GST.
Bir is a village in the Joginder Nagar Valley (Baijnath Tehsil) of Kangra district in the state of Himachal Pradesh. Bir Billing is rightly the paragliding capital of India. While Billing (2400 m) is the take-off site for paragliding and Bir is the landing site and they both are collectively known as ‘Bir-Billing’. The landing site is on the southern edge of Bir village. Bir is a Buddhist town with a monastery and a Tibetan handicraft centre.
Paragliding World Cup 2015, a cross-country flying competition for paraglider pilots was organized by the PWCA (France) in Bir Billing. Billing is located 14 km north of Bir village by road. We will trek from Bir to Billing (7 km) and also will be camping at Billing. On the way are small villages mostly populated by Gaddi shepherds or by the people of Bara Bangal, the landlocked area of Kangra district in the upper Ravi valley. Bir used to be the capital of the erstwhile Bara Bangal state.
This village is also famous for monasteries set amidst the Dhauladhar range of the Indian Himalayas. Relax and rejuvenate yourself in this nature blessed village of Bir. Bir Tibetan colony was established in the early 1960s on the southwestern edge of the village. There are two monasteries which are very peaceful and welcoming. The Palpung Sherabling Monastery, also known as Bhattu Monastery is 6 km away from the landing site. On the way, drive/walk through the beautiful lush green farms and interact with the locals. Dzongsar Shedra Monastery is located in Chauntra, 4 km away from Bir. This monastery cum monastic college is set amidst the most beautiful view. Another attraction is the Deer Park Institute.
Here comes the paragliding season in Bir-Billing as June is the best season for paragliding. It is a must do adventure in your life. Enjoy the extreme joy ride of 30 minutes in the sky. During the fly-time remember to wear a jacket, even if it is a warm day as it is always cold up in the air.
Bir Billing Map:
Day 1 (13 Dec)-Hop on to the evening luxury AC Volvo bus from Delhi, and give yourself a good sleep in the comfortable ride to the hills, as you prepare yourself for one of the best adventures of your life ahead!
Day 2 (14 Dec)– After reaching Bir at 7 am in the morning, we take some rest and start trek to Billing. The starting point is Bir and from there we begin our uphill journey (7 km). The entire trek uphill will take about 3-4 hours. The climb is very easy with a few steep ascents here and there, with magnificent views giving you company throughout! After reaching Billing, we will have our lunch and camp at a beautiful site. Get ready for some piping hot dinner to warm us against the strong evening winds at the ridge. Go to your camp bed with a happy tummy, and a happier heart, surrounded by such picturesque vistas.
Day 3 (15 Dec)– Rise up to the sound of silence and connect with yourself. Today after morning breakfast we will go for paragliding. Enjoy the adventurous ride of 30 minutes in the sky with a breathtaking view. Land in the southern part of Bir village. You are free to explore Monasteries at Bir on your own or sit and eat at some amazing cafes. Board the evening Volvo bus to Delhi with a happy heart full of warm memories from this short but utterly eventful getaway!
Stay – Camping; Sleeping bags/Blankets.
Meals- Vegetarian Nutritious and Tasty Meals during the Tour with Evening Tea.
- Breakfast on Day 3
- Dinner on Day 2
- Lunch on Day 2
Experienced trek leader and adventure guide.
Transport from Delhi to Bir-Billing and back in comfortable Volvo Bus.
Paragliding Charges & GST included.
- Cameras, whether video or film, needed to be protected against the severe cold either in a warm pouch or the interior pockets of your clothing. Do not keep your camera in your backpack at higher elevations.
- We do not provide donkeys or porters to carry luggage.
- No insurance is provided during the travel journey.
- Do not Litter.
- Remember – “Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints”. So, keep the mountains clean and green.
- Aspirins and Paracetamols are highly recommended for headaches and because they also thin the blood that will help improving circulation & oxygen delivery to the body. Strong painkillers are not recommended as they can suppress respiration.
- The personal expense of any kind will not be entertained.
Personal Equipment Required:
- A good sturdy pair of shoes and a backpack with plastic or water-proof lining.
- Comfortable, lightweight clothing.
- Sunglasses or goggles.
- A woollen hat for warmth.
- Pocket knife.
- Scarf or bandana.
- Lip balm.
- Ear plugs. (Optional)
- Spare contact lenses or glasses.
- Thermal innerwear.
- Extra polythene bags.
- A whistle.
- Reading materials, Games, Cards. (Optional)
- Towel especially lightweight quick-dry type.
- Track pants with more pockets. Carry around 2 pants. Avoid jeans.
- Waterproof jackets and gloves.
- A raincoat since the weather can be unpredictable sometimes. (Optional)
- Identification proof like Passport, Driving license, Aadhar card etc.
- 1 Passport size photograph.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancellation of booking of tour 31 days or more before the date of Departure will result in 20% deduction in the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 21-30 days before the date of Departure will result in 40% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 11-20 days before the date of Departure will result in 60% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 6-10 days before the date of Departure will result in 80% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 1-5 days before the date of Departure will result in 100% deduction of the cost of the tour.