Parvati Valley Circuit Trek
Trek to Parvati Valley is one of the most fascinating treks in Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh. Parvati Valley trek best time is in the month of April to December. Chalal is the nearest village from the base camp. Parvati Valley trek length is 28 km (one way) . Parvati Valley trekking offers lovely view. Parvati Valley circuit is the perfect brew to calm an agitated soul. Parvati Valley circuit starts from Malana (2652 m), crossing the Malana river and ascend Rashol Pass (3200m) to Reach Rashol, Chalal and Kasol. Malana is a mysterious and magical village, whose people believe that they descended from the army of Alexander the Great and do not allow any kind of contact with the outside world. Malana valley, ruled by Jamlu Devta has its own unique customs, religion, architecture and form of democracy where the village Panchayat decides everything. There is Rashol, which is quiet and quaint, pleasing and peaceful, a small replica of Kasol. Then there is Chalal, the beauty that lies next to Parvati river is remarkable and each day is beautiful in its own way. Set on the banks of the Parvati River and amidst picturesque mountains and the Parvati valley, Kasol is the backpackers’ paradise. Come to the valley, chill, relax by the river, eat in Israeli cafes. Immerse yourself in the spirituality in Manikaran. These tiny Himachal villages will make you feel relaxed and make you fall hopelessly and irretrievably in love with Himachal! Listen to the sound of silence and connect with yourself.
Quick Facts About Parvati Valley Trek
- Malana is also known as the village of Taboos
- Rasol Pass (3200 m) divides Malana valley from the Parvati valley.
- Rashol Pass offers stupendous view of the Malana glacier and the high alpine mountains to the east.
- Jamlu is Malana's main deity which orders the Malani people to stay away from outsiders for protecting their culture. A medium is set between Jamlu and Malani's( people of Malana) to let them know what the deity wants. Also here, no Police Intervention is allowed. What happens in Malana, stays in Malana.
- Kanashi is Malana's local distinct language. Kanisha dialect is considered to have originated from the languages spoken by Greek soldiers
- Marriages are made in adolescent age and Polygamy is legal here. In case of a divorce, men has to support her ex-wife financially. In case a villager marries an outsider, he or she can never enter the village again.
- Mobile connectivity is intermittent in the village and it is better to make your phone calls before beginning the trek.
- In Rashol people worship "Goddess Renuka "(mother of Rishi Parshuram and wife of Rishi Jamdagni) is worshiped by the locals. And no outsider is allowed to touch their temples same as that of other places like Tosh, Malana.
- Rashol has a Hippie and Shanti vibe experience.
- From Rashol one can witness beautiful Parvati valley and the magnificent view of Sar pass and Khali Pass.
- Rashol is also famous for charas which is produced by the women of the village.
- Men of Rashol village believe to enjoy life and they love to play cards.
- Rashol has about 75 small wooden homes and roughly 200 people population.
Parvati Valley Trek Itinerary
Heavy Group Discounts Available.
Accommodation, activities, and meals included in the trip.
Contact us for Detailed Itinerary.
We can customize the Itinerary according to Your needs.
The number of Days and sightseeing to Vashisht hot water springs, Jogini waterfall trek, Nehru kund, Old Manali, Hadimba Devi Temple, Beas kund, Rohtang La etc. and other nearby places can be added to the trek at an additional cost. Sightseeing to these places can be arranged depending on the road conditions during that time.
Parvati Valley Gallery
Explore Parvati Valley Gallery, the magical valley of Himachal. Parvati Valley images are fascinating. Parvati Valley Kullu is situated at an altitude of 3200 meters in Himalayan ranges of Kullu district. Preview the spellbound beauty & well-organized pictures of this Magical Valley.