Difficulty Level: Easy
Altitude: 2,600 m
Trek Length: 8 km (one way)
Duration: 2 Nights/3 Days
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Rustic Rasol Trek (2,600 m) is a peaceful trek in Parvati valley, Kullu ( Himachal Pradesh). Trekatribe offers trekking to this rejuvenating trek throughout the year. If you are looking for a village to find some peace, awesome views and a local village feel, then Rasol is the right place for you. It is away from the crowd and an unexplored destination in Parvati Valley. The Rasol trek starts from village Chalal. It takes 4-5 hours to reach Rashol. The trail is steep with magnificent views.
Breathe in the fresh air and walk through the alpine jungles and small streams. You will pass through red and pink rhododendron trees as you hike up. Pink rhododendron is the state flower of Himachal Pradesh. Once you reach Rashol you will see old wooden houses and a beautiful temple in the mid of village. Soak in the beauty and witness the magnificent Parvati valley in all its glory. Here people worship “Goddess Renuka “(mother of Rishi Parshuram and wife of Rishi Jamdagni) is worshiped by the locals. And no outsider is allowed to touch their temples same as that of other places like Tosh, Malana. Rasol is a beautiful village with its own culture and history. Here you can see the amazing view of Sar Pass and Khali Pass. Rasol is a parallel universe in the splendid morning light. Listen to the sound of silence and connect with yourself.
Rustic Rasol Trek Gallery
Rustic Rasol Trek Map
Rustic Rasol Trek
Date : May 29, 2020
Time : 6:30 pm
Volvo Bus Delhi to KasolOn the first day, board a comfortable luxury Volvo AC bus starting from Delhi, which will drop you off at Kasol, the base for the hike. Relax yourself during the comfortable journey, as you prepare for an adventure-filled day ahead. Kasol- It has a minimal population, jazzy restaurants, and picturesque valley. An interesting fact about Kasol is that it is inhabited mostly by tourists from Israel. According to locals, the town is a hot spot for a lot of young people who finish their compulsory military service in Israel and then escape to the Parvati Valley. Experience the “Hippie” and “Shanti” vibe of ‘Little Amsterdam’ in Kasol.
Date : May 30, 2020
Kasol to Rasol TrekUpon reaching Kasol early morning, meet your friendly Trek A Tribe Team and get acquainted with the awesome fellow travellers you will be spending the next two days with! After a good hour’s rest and some satiating breakfast, we start our short hike towards Rasol. This 8 kilometres journey should not take more than 4-5 hours, even for a beginner trekker. The trail starts from Kasol town, passing via an old iron bridge over the ferocious Parvati River. About 20 minutes into the walk you enter a beautiful Alpine forest popularly known as the Mystic Forest, in a small village called Challal. From Challal, the trail gradually ascends going to Rasol. The narrow winding trail of this hike is lined with Rhododendron trees that bear the famous flaming red rhododendron flowers commonly known as buransh in the local language and is state flower of Himachal Pradesh. These flowers bloom in spring and have heat preventing benefits. These flowers are commonly consumed in the form of juices, squash or jams. About halfway through the trek, you will be able to see the small village Rasol at a distance at the near top of a hill, and Challal behind you at the bottom of the hill. Soon, you will enter the small village of about 75 houses and a population of around 200, with the majestic Parvati Valley sprawled right in front. Spend the rest of the day exploring the village, witnessing a breathtaking sunset, and stargazing at the twinkling night sky. Sit around a cozy bonfire and slurp on some dinner as you make memories of a lifetime, ending the day on a perfect note. Rasol- is away from the crowd and it is an unexplored destination in Parvati Valley. It is located at 2,600 m above sea level and has only 75 houses and a population of around 200 people.
Date : May 31, 2020
Rasol to Kasol Trek & Back to Delhi Via Volvo BusWake up early morning to catch the sunrise and realize what silence sounds like. After a hearty breakfast, we now proceed back and hike downhill to Kasol. Hiking downhill is relatively easier, and should not take more than 3 hours to reach Kasol. Upon reaching Kasol, you are free to roam around its enchanting market selling colourful trinkets like jewellery, notebooks, woolen clothes, etc. In the evening, board the Volvo bus back to Delhi and have a comfortable journey back home as you reminisce about the blissful 3 days you just spent right in the lap of Mother Nature.
Transport from Delhi to Kasol and back (Volvo Bus)
Stay – Homestay (sharing basis);
Meals– Vegetarian Nutritious and Tasty Meals during the Trek with Evening Tea.
- Breakfast on Day 2 and 3
- Lunch on Day 2
- Dinner on Day 2
Experienced trek leaders and cook.
- Climbers are reminded that there is a 15kg limit on personal luggage for all climbs.
- Cameras, whether video or film, needed to be protected against the severe cold either in a warm pouch or the interior pockets of your clothing. Do not keep your camera in your backpack at higher elevations.
- We do not provide donkeys or porters to carry luggage.
- No insurance is provided during the trek.
- When between camps, please carry your daily personal rubbish to the next camp.
- Remember – “Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints”. So, keep the mountains clean and green.
- Aspirins and Paracetamols are highly recommended for headaches and because they also thin the blood that will help improving circulation & oxygen delivery to the body. Strong painkillers are not recommended as they can suppress respiration.
- Personal expense of any kind will not be entertained.
Personal Equipment Required:
- A good sturdy pair of shoes and a backpack with plastic or water-proof lining.
- Comfortable, lightweight clothing.
- Sunglasses or goggles.
- Woollen hat for warmth.
- Pocket knife.
- Scarf or bandana.
- Lip balm.
- Ear plugs. (Optional)
- Spare contact lenses or glasses.
- Thermal innerwear.
- Extra polythene bags.
- A whistle.
- Reading materials, Games, Cards. (Optional)
- Towel especially lightweight quick-dry type.
- Track pants with more pockets. Carry around 2 pants. Avoid jeans.
- Waterproof jackets and gloves.
- A raincoat since the weather can be unpredictable sometimes. (Optional)
- Identification proof like Passport, Driving license, Aadhar card etc.
- 1 Passport size photograph.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancellation of booking of tour 31 days or more before the date of Departure will result in 20% deduction in the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 21-30 days before the date of Departure will result in 40% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 11-20 days before the date of Departure will result in 60% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 6-10 days before the date of Departure will result in 80% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 1-5 days before the date of Departure will result in 100% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Expenses of personal nature
- Expenses raised due to any road blockage or natural calamity