Route: Delhi – Bhuntar – Waichin Valley – Kasol – Delhi
Difficulty Level: Easy
Altitude: 2800 m/ 9200 ft
Trek Length: 4 km (one-way)
Duration: 2 Nights/3 Days
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Waichin Valley Trek
Waichin is an unexplored valley is one of the less travelled trails in Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh. This Magical valley is a secret location and known to few. This valley is located higher up near the village of Malana and is a tranquil place, a must visit for any explorer. Feel close to nature and listen to the songs of the mighty mountains. With several waterfalls, dense deodar forests, and Malana stream flowing on our trail, the music of gushing water is sure to rejuvenate you from within! Moreover, Waichin Valley gives astounding views of the surrounding peaks including Animal Pass, Tiger Mouth Peak, and Khiksa Thaj Glacier.
Starting from the Malana Dam, Waichin Valley is a short trek but is certainly extremely rewarding. With different seasons, Waichin has different charms to it. Due to its high altitude, one can experience snow here as late as April with meadows after meadows covered in a thick blanket of snow. Thereafter, spring comes with a full bloom of deep red and pink rhododendron flower lining the trail entirely. During the summers, there are lush green meadows as far as the eye can see and finally, autumn brings a crispness in the air, with the trees turning yellow to orange before the valley is blanketed by snow again.
Above all, the trail that leads up to Waichin is not only bountiful in nature, but also culturally rich. While on the way to the destination, we pass a small village where you can experience the joy of simple village life. The houses are all made of wood, in traditional pahadi architecture and villagers can be seen working on their farms while children run around and their pure laughter echoes in the vast open valley. Observing these little mundane tasks, you realize how simple life in the mountains is and at the same time, incredibly difficult, as a result making this trek not just a fun vacation but also a learning experience.
So come, be a part of this enchanting journey to a place known to few, and visited by even fewer!
Waichin Valley Gallery
Waichin Valley Map
Waichin Valley Trek
Date : May 29, 2020
Time : 7:00 pm
Delhi to Bhuntar in Volvo BusYou will start your journey in the night from Delhi in a comfortable Volvo bus. After settling down, we will continue our overnight bus journey towards Bhuntar (12 hours).
Date : May 30, 2020
Trek to Waichin valleyAfter reaching Bhuntar early in the morning, we relax for some time and start our 40 kilometers drive towards Malana Dam. From the Dam, we begin trekking towards Waichin Valley (4 km, 2 hours) through the banks of mystical Malana stream and a path full of pine and deodar trees. En route, also visit two hidden waterfalls and reach our campsite for brunch. Relax and enjoy the beauty of Waichin Valley for the rest of the day. Briefing about the peaks and passes around, bonfire, dinner, and night stay in camps.
Date : May 31, 2020
Waichin to Kasol & Volvo bus back to DelhiToday after breakfast, we roam around the village and interact with the villagers and witness a beautiful sunrise. After breakfast, we trek back down to Malana Dam (1-2 hours) from another magical route and board our cabs to Kasol. Kasol is a small town, and one of the most popular spots in Parvati Valley. Known for its various cafes, vibrant markets and a chilled-out hippie vibe, you can spend some time and take in the beauty of Kasol before boarding your Volvo bus back to Delhi with happy memories. At Delhi, we part ways to meet soon for another adventure.
Stay – Camping (sharing basis).
Meals– all meals during the trek (1 Dinner+1 Breakfast+1 Lunch) and evening tea with snacks.
Experienced tour leaders and cook.
Transport from Delhi to Parvati and back in Volvo Bus; Other local transport in sharing cabs.
- Travellers are reminded that there is a 15kg limit on personal luggage for all the trips.
- Cameras, whether video or film, needed to be protected against the severe cold either in a warm pouch or the interior pockets of your clothing. Do not keep your camera in your backpack at higher elevations.
- We do not provide donkeys or porters to carry luggage.
- No insurance is provided during any trip.
- When between camps, please carry your daily personal rubbish to the next camp.
- Remember – “Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints”. So, keep the mountains clean and green.
- Aspirins and Paracetamols are highly recommended for headaches and because they also thin the blood that will help improving circulation & oxygen delivery to the body. Strong painkillers are not recommended as they can suppress respiration.
- Personal expense of any kind will not be entertained.
Personal Equipment Required:
- A good sturdy pair of shoes and a backpack with plastic or water-proof lining.
- Comfortable, lightweight clothing.
- Sunglasses or goggles.
- Woollen hat for warmth.
- Pocket knife.
- Scarf or bandana.
- Lip balm.
- Ear plugs. (Optional)
- Spare contact lenses or glasses.
- Thermal innerwear.
- Extra polythene bags.
- A whistle.
- Reading materials, Games, Cards. (Optional)
- Towel especially lightweight quick-dry type.
- Track pants with more pockets. Carry around 2 pants. Avoid jeans.
- Waterproof jackets and gloves.
- A raincoat since the weather can be unpredictable sometimes. (Optional)
- Identification proof like Passport, Driving license, Aadhar card etc.
- 1 Passport size photograph.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancellation of booking of tour 31 days or more before the date of Departure will result in a 20% deduction in the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 21-30 days before the date of Departure will result in 40% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 11-20 days before the date of Departure will result in 60% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 6-10 days before the date of Departure will result in 80% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Cancellation of booking of tour 1-5 days before the date of Departure will result in 100% deduction of the cost of the tour.
- Expenses of personal nature
- Expenses raised due to any road blockage or natural calamity